account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

@The_Platypus1 Can you try the SD in another device and see if it still works?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

No hope. Same problem. Looking forward for update fix.
Apprentice
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

The SD card is working, apologies for the late reply, have been busy this past week.

Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

@The_Platypus1 So when you inserted the SD card, did you get a notification?

If that's not the case and you did see the notification, can you check if your SD card is detected under settings - storage?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

On my other device, Xperia Z, I did get a notification telling me that an SD card was inserted. However, for the Z5, I don't get any notification and somehow the SD card is located in Storage > Explore > Xperia Transfer > 20160202T104713 > SD card, and all of this exists in my Internal Storage. All the files in my SD card cannot be accessed as well.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

Would it be possible for you to take a log from your phone and send it to me? I'll forward this internally to see if it can show what's causing this.
To do this:
Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number
Go back to Settings and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging". Then tap "Logger buffer sizes" and set this to "4 M".
- Restart phone with SD card inserted
Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready (may take a minute or so) you get a notification that you can tap and share to Google Drive. Please send me a link to this file in a private message.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

it is bug of marshmallow sony developers should fix this issue 

→Handset Make/Model -: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual Sim (E6883)
→ NON-ROOTED

→ Country -: India
→ Platform-: Android
→ The bug is-: Always
Dbc
Rookie
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

Problem after update Marshmallow

Hello, after updating to android Marshmallow I can not access the apps that were on my sd card before the update. I can see them on the home screen, but not wit their original icons. Instead I have some blue icon with red circle in the upper right corner of the icon. I'm the red circle there is an image of sd card. The icons are the same for all the non working apps. When I click on some of them I get message: "Can not open... App is stored on the SD card.", where ... is the name of the app. I was searching over the net, but I couldn't find such a problem reported. Please, if anybody have the same problem and solved it, let me know how?
By the way I was reading that when update to Marshmallow the phone asks you if you want to keep your sd as external memory or to add it to the integrated one. I haven't been asked such thing during the update.
Emperor
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

Re: Problem after update Marshmallow

@Dbc

It was a major update, so you will have to re-download the apps > move them to the SD card.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

Re: Problem after update Marshmallow

@Dbc

As for your second question

It is not part of Sony's Marshmallow update, before you get angry, other OEMs opted out of it too, Samsung, LG, etc.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Android-6-0-1-update-unable-to-format-SD-card-as-int...

You're not missing anything. The option to use SD as internal memory is not included in the Xperia devices. It seems that, because SD transfer rates are significantly slower than internal memory, the performance loss was too great and the option was not included.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)