account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

One time poster
Message 4 of 31
Message 4 of 31

Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

I updated my phone yesterday and found that some apps are having the blueprint icon, only to realize that my phone isn't reading or displaying anything from my SD card. I rebooted the phone, removed and re-insert my SIM card and SD ard but to no avail. Is there a solution to this problem? I really need access to my SD card.

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 31
Message 1 of 31

Albums keep disappearing from sd card

Yet another problem with my Z5; I'm trying to transfer music using Sony Bridge for Mac; it's hugely temperamental & often crashes, so I do a few at a time ; for a while I can see them in the music app, then when I transfer them to the sd card they're visible for a while then next time I look they've all vanished! Does anyone know what this is about please?
Emperor
Message 2 of 31
Message 2 of 31

Re: Albums keep disappearing from sd card

@AliWonder

it seems that you have a corrupted SD card.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 31
Message 3 of 31

Re: Albums keep disappearing from sd card

Yes I think so; I've now tried 3 times to transfer my music - last night I spent 2 hours transferring dozens of albums across by removing the SD card and adding the files directly using a card reader. The Finder window on my Mac clearly showed the albums are on the card, but when I put it in my phine more than half of them are not there. It also shows lots of albums as 'unknown artist' when both the artist and the cover art is clearly there in iTunes. Really, really annoying...

Message 5 of 31
Message 5 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

Those apps have been moved to SD before the update. Now, this is the result. To get rid of those, you need to download the apps again.

It has been answered before:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Xperia-Z3C-issue-after-transferring-apps-to-SD-card...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 31
Message 6 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

I tried what you have suggested but the apps still turn up as blueprints and I cannot even access them from the Play Store. Is there a reason why my SD card isn't being detected? I used to have an Xperia Z which updates fine and has never had such an issue.

Message 7 of 31
Message 7 of 31

If you look on play store, do they show up as installed or not? The mount point for SD card has been changed in 6.0. See this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/After-installing-Android-6-I-can-not-...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 31
Message 8 of 31

It shows up as Installed but I cannot open it. The phone will just report that the app cannot be opened. I am able to look at the files through Storage > Explore > Xperia Transfer > 20160202T104713Z > SD card, but I cannot access any of these files. This pathing has never existed before and is there any way to reset this to the default without reseting the phone?

Message 9 of 31
Message 9 of 31

One question, are you running .163 or .185?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 31
Message 10 of 31

I am running .185.