account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 top speaker louder

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 47
Message 21 of 47

Different sound levels on top and bottom speakers

Is there anyone else who has this issue with different sound levels on top and bottom speakers?

I´ve noticed this after i bought the green Z5 today and unpacked it when i got home, i thought it was the original software so i updated the phone and it´s still the same. The left "top" speaker is louder then the right "bottom" speaker. I have tried different kind of music and the results are the same. 

I do belive it can be fixed by a software update unless it´s hardware related.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 22 of 47
Message 22 of 47

Re: Z5 top speaker louder

Alright, So I own Xperia Z5 dual (India)

I've also observed this same thing on my phone as well, but I'd like to give more specific information.

This happens with music, games and every media content, the sound coming out of top speaker has more base/bass and the sound coming out of bottom speaker has more treble to it.

Yes the top speaker is a little louder when compared to bottom, but you can barely notice it from distance. Only when you take phone very close to you then it's noticeable.

Apprentice
Message 23 of 47
Message 23 of 47

Yep, that is exactly what I'm experiencing as well with my Z5P. If you listen to it "normally", you can barely tell the difference or at all (most of the times, you don't hear or notice it at all). But if you have your Z5 very near to your face, you can hear top speaker is a little louder. I think this is because of a location of the bass. I can feel the bass is coming somewhere in between a top speaker and center of the phone. You can feel especially when you are playing music with strong bass. Vibration from the bass is stronger on top or left side. I think this isn't a defect or anything. I believe Sony intentionally set each speaker volume this way so you can hear it balanced from "normal" distance. However I do feel it may need a little more adjustments. Hopefully Sony are reading this and adjust the speakers more in the next firmware (marshmallow ) update.

Apprentice
Message 24 of 47
Message 24 of 47

I have found this problem too on my Z5
but first date i unboxing it work normaly.
and today i found a sleep of dead problem then im fix it with pcc and i found this speaker problem after repair hope it could be a software problem not hardware

Regular
Message 25 of 47
Message 25 of 47

I think it will be auto corrected tomorrow morning.

My Z5C have this problem, but after one day and restart it's fine now.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 47
Message 26 of 47

At last I send my Xperia Z5 to Local Service cant stand anymore hahah.
hope it can be fixed

Talent
Message 27 of 47
Message 27 of 47

@Rickard provided so info the other day on another post regarding audio confirming week 48-49 that a software update will be released to improve audio volume and quality Slightly smiling Face
Talent
Message 28 of 47
Message 28 of 47

I have just installed the latest software update and can CONFIRM the speakers are now balanced and are pretty much the same volume Slightly smiling Face
Message 29 of 47
Message 29 of 47

Use both Speakers for voice call

hi, there is a way to use both speakers as loud Speaker ?

to low for use in a car

my old previous device (WT19) could done that (also has louder both speakers and bouth of had bass not only the one on top like Z5C) 

Talent
Message 30 of 47
Message 30 of 47

Re: Use both Speakers for voice call

Yes I also would like an option for us to enable speaker phone using top and bottom speaker