account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 premium - fingerprint scanner issues

Talent
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Z5 premium - fingerprint scanner issues

With my first fingerprint this only unlocked the phone about 25% of the time - awful... 

So I re-scanned my fingerprints & it now works about 50% of the time (not sure what has changed though...). 

Better - but still fails half the time (not exactly impressive). 

Please Sony fix this... 

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Z5 premium - fingerprint scanner issues

Have you seen this?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-Dual-Fingerprint-Scanner-Problems/...

On a Z5, not premium.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

Alexdon - thankyou - does this wipe your data? 

Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

Unfortunately, it does.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

Think I'll wait (& hope) - thanks for your very prompt response... 

Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

No problem, sorry for the issue. Perhaps you can check safe mode meanwhile.

Talent
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

Have tried 'safe mode' - behaves like a newly registered fingerprint (better, but still fails a lot...). The phone is now reading my fingerprints worse than it was yesterday????? 

This deterioration is very strange.. 

Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

I can try to get some info on this and get back to you. Can't promise anything though.

Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

@Dean_Weaver One question, can you check if there is any scratch on the sensor? This could cause malfunction.

Also, you can try cleaning the sensor or after having a shower it might have some issues reading your fingerprint.

Talent
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

Very clean & no scratch. 

I am currently quantifying my 'deterioration statement' - I will report the results soon...