account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z5 premium dual Freezed,unresponsive touch screen,black screen,red notification LED,auto restarts.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Z5 premium dual Freezed,unresponsive touch screen,black screen,red notification LED,auto restarts.

Hello everyone,

I have Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual-E6883. Android version 6.0 Marshmallow, Bild number-32.1.A.1.185.

Some days before my Z5 premium got Freezed, unresponsive touch screen, black screen, red notification LED blinks & phone gets restart. It is happening daily now.

I have successfully repaired my Z5 premium through Sony PC Companion. Still it freezes & black screen, red notification LED blinks & restarts by it self.

I was not expecting this kind of problems from Sony/Japanese company.

Hope to get solution soon.

Regards.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Z5 premium dual Freezed,unresponsive touch screen,black screen,red notification LED,auto restart

@malharlv

If you already tried software repair using PC Companion and it didn't fix it, it could suggest a hardware issue. So you're best thing to do is to contact your Local support and get the phone examined by a professional.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Re: Z5 premium dual Freezed,unresponsive touch screen,black screen,red notification LED,auto restart

I would suggest not to send your phone for repair. I have the z5 premium dual and after the marshmallow update my phone started to behave exactly the same - freezing, crashing, red blinking light, restart. After I restored lollipop the problem disappeared. The problem is clearly a software issue with marshmallow. I have tried both .163 and 185 versions of marshmallow. Good luck getting Sony to admit that though. They have released two versions of the botched software so far.
Regular
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@ Quester & Nicholastopping1 thank you for answers.

my sony xperia z5 premium dual was giving cracking sound while I use it as speakerphone & even it did not pass sony's built in speaker diagnostic test. As it is in under warranty I have shown it to sony service center. They also found the same & told that currently it is not repairable in India that is why Sony will replace it with new one.

My older sony xperia z5 premium dual had speakerphone sound problem only (it was even lower than the earpiece sound volume) but there was no freeze, black screen, red notification LED blinks & restarts. This one is also one Marshmallow 6.0.

Sony replaced my old faulty phone & given the new (Condition of set is B) now this one have no issues, when I put it on speakerphone. But freeze, black screen, red notification LED blinks & then restarts problem happening😕.

Regards.
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

• I had the exactly the same issue
  • plus the headphone port problem
  • plus the bluetooth shutters while connecting to any bluetooth speaker
  • plus the extremely poor camera quality and response
  • plus half a day battery life max

I've tried PCC several times with no luck so simply i fixed all these issues by doing the following:

Package it back, tried to sell it even less than half its market price with no luck, so i decided to store it with my old shoes and return back to my old Xperia Z2, all issues were fixed then Slightly smiling Face

Note: Don't update Z2 to Marshmallow, Sony is killing it by this update.

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

It's an insult to paying customers that Sony continues to ignore these ongoing problems. The marshmallow update is now weeks old, with countless reports on these forums and other places about the update bricking phones. And still silence from Sony. We know you read these forums Sony, time to stand up and take meaningful action.
Regular
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@ Hossam_Abdelsalam, Thanks for sharing your experience.

@ Nicholastopping, I agree with you. They are not listing & if they are listening still not doing anything.
Regular
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Sounds very similar to my issues in this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5C-Reboots-since-marshmallow/m-p/1114...

While it's sort-of nice to hear it's not just me, it's not so nice to hear that there's no fix.

Regular
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hello everyone,

Now Sony India National support wants me to submit back my Z5 premium to local service center for checking.

As per talk with local aervice provider, they told that we will reinstall software and check it.

Any suggestions ?

Regards.
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

With all due respect, what is likely to happen is that they will send the handset back to you with the same problem. If they won't admit there is a problem with the software, how are they going to fix it? What is needed is a working software update. It's unbelievable that Sony's testing mechanisms are so poor that these problems aren't picked up BEFORE the software is released to the public. Or maybe they like losing money and customers. Since Sony are so far refusing to do their job, the only workable solution is to remain on lollipop until they decide to get their act together.