account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 33
Message 11 of 33

Re: Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

Cheers. I was already off, glad something worked for you though.
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 33
Message 12 of 33

Make sure under wifi settings you have  " wifi on during sleep" set to NEVER 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 33
Message 13 of 33

Made no difference, went to sleep with battery at 100% and woke up 6 hours later with battery at 58%. With wifi off and just using 4g it uses 2%. Bugs are buggers.
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 33
Message 14 of 33

Weird. Location off completely - works for me.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 33
Message 15 of 33

Hi @Darbo25,

If it is still doing the same thing in safe mode, you are either experiencing a problem with the firmware, or a battery fault.

To determine which, I recommend you perform a software repair on the handset and see if the issue still persists. If it does not, you should be OK to use your phone again normally, though you will have to restore any of your backed up data (also be sure to back up as it will erase everything). If the issue is still happening, contact your local support team to arrange a repair. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 16 of 33
Message 16 of 33

My battery is now shocking after updating the os and i can't get the phone through a day of use without charging. Ironically it's no faster, the WiFi is worse and I could cook eggs on it. This Will be my last Sony device. Loyal customer of 10 plus years off to Samsung. Any help from Sony anywhere?
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 33
Message 17 of 33

I haven't tried it in safe mode but it isn't the battery because if I leave WiFi off and just use 4g the battery is great, i lost 3% battery overnight with 4g on and 40% with WiFi on, I've tried doing a repair but it didn't cure it. It'd be nice if these updates were optional, their was absolutely nothing wrong with this phone beforehand, same with my z3 tablet, not as good since its update that I didn't want.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 33
Message 18 of 33

@Darbo25 & @Chrismin,

If the software repair hasn't resolved the issue the best thing I can advise is to contact your local support team and arrange a repair.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 33
Message 19 of 33

To be honest mate I think it's just there in the software, very similar thing happened with my old z1, it'll probably be sorted with the next update.
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 33
Message 20 of 33

Well, I say it again ; killing the location function has completely sorted  the WiFi battery drain issue on my Z5.