account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 33
Message 1 of 33

Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

Since getting the marshmallow update my Z5 has shocking battery drain when on wifi. It's fine if switched to data. Have tried everything including factory reset.  Nothing shows in battery app usage as high drain.  

Have seen a very few others online with this issue but not many.  Any suggestions? 

32 REPLIES 32
Emperor
Message 2 of 33
Message 2 of 33

Re: Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

@Drcspynz

boot in >>> safe mode and test it for few hours

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 33
Message 3 of 33

Thanks that's about the only thing I didn't think to try. Will get back to you with a result.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 33
Message 4 of 33

Nope. Lost 9% in ONE HOUR in safe mode on wifi and I wasn't even using the phone  grrr. 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 33
Message 5 of 33

I have the exact same problem, losing 45% overnight, the thing is I've become so accustomed to not using wifi now my data ran out, hope the news software fixes this.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 33
Message 6 of 33

A h. Another person with this problem. I can tell you that i have 32.2.A.0.253, which is the latest marshmallow version,  and it has NOT fixed the problem 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 33
Message 7 of 33

You're not wrong, spent the day with the new software and it's still the same, hope they fix this soon or i might have to sell this and get something else. Shame because it's a good phone.
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 33
Message 8 of 33

ok I MAY have it figured at last........iv'e turned off location entirely and the battery usage has been approx 3% p/h

MUCH better...

not an ideal 'fix' however

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 33
Message 9 of 33

My location is already off, or is location off in toolbar not entirely off?
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 33
Message 10 of 33

Check in system/location

Location will only show up in the top tool bar if its being used by an app