account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

Inhabitant
Message 21 of 33
Message 21 of 33

Re: Z5 marshmallow WIFI battery problem

And I'm certain it's a software issue as it wantw the when it had lollipop.

Talent
Message 22 of 33
Message 22 of 33

I have the same issue as everyone else here; the battery drains ridiculously quickly when everything is off & the screen is dark. How can apps be using up the battery when they're not even active?

I tried activating the 'Stamina' mode but it makes the screen go really dark so I can't read anything. Isn't there some way of having a stamina mode that doesn't affect the screen? I need it to be bright for my poor eyesight.

Does Sony plan to do anything to fix this issue?

Kow
Adviser
Message 23 of 33
Message 23 of 33

Stamina mode is useless. I actually get better battery life with it off.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 24 of 33
Message 24 of 33

Yeah that screen darkening on stamina is dumb and useless for many people me included. Grr.

Talent
Message 25 of 33
Message 25 of 33

Is there any way of going back to the previous version of Android? This is getting ridiculous. Today I hardly used the phone but I'm now having to charge it for the 3rd time in one day! It's simply not practical; I travel a lot and am frequently away from chargers for several days at a time; I cannot have a phone whose battery drains so stupidly quickly.

Hello - any Sony people out there? Is there going to be a fix for this?....

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 33
Message 26 of 33

For now I'd just turn off your WiFi and stick to mobile data, that works for me, failing that you could turn your location off too as that worked for the other chap. Not ideal but better than constantly charging your phone.
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 33
Message 27 of 33

It is possible to go back to the previous version, (lollipop). 

You need xperifirm and flashtool and a bit of knowledge.

Talent
Message 28 of 33
Message 28 of 33

Thanks @Darbo25 - but I do have the WiFi - and the data switched off most of the time! I'm near a computer all day so I don't need it; I just use the internet briefly for a few minutes at a time throughout the day (either WiFi or network data). But the battery still drains horribly! It uses about 30% when I'm asleep - everything is switched off, the screen is dark - how can it possibly use that much when it's not doing anything?!

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 33
Message 29 of 33

Leave the data on mate, it sounds silly but when I spent the day with both turned off my battery still drained, leave the data on for the day and see what happens
Talent
Message 30 of 33
Message 30 of 33

Thanks - but I don't understand how leaving the data on could possibly save battery use?..! Surely it will drain it even more? In any case I only have 3GB allowance for the month, so I prefer to just use it when I actually want to do something on the internet, rather than just leaving it connected all day; it will just use up my allowance for nothing!

I reapet my question: Hello - any Sony people out there? Is there going to be a fix for this?... We cannot surely be expected to just live with this awful situation? If so I will change to Samsung on my next upgrade, & say bye bye to Sony....