account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 getting really warm and the battery seems to drain during on screen time

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Z5 getting really warm and the battery seems to drain during on screen time

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just got a Z5 a few days ago, and I was quite excited to try it out. It works well, yeah, but it gets so annoyingly hot. I haven't received any "warning" message or anything, so I'm starting to think it's "normal". But really? this is normal? I think even Quad HD phones don't overheat as this one. And also, the battery seems to drain quite quickly when the screen is on. I don't play games on my phont. I just browse web, take photos, chat, and use normal apps to know the news or to use my clouds. The thing is, when the screen is off, the battery lasts forever. That's great! It only drained 3% when I slept at night. But when I use it, it drains like 15% an hour, which makes it be able to have 4-5 hours with on-screen time. Is this normal with this phone? I already let the battery drop to zero and charge it to full 100% without interruption, but same thing.

So, is this wamrth and battery life normal? If it is, I admit I'm not pleased at all with the phone. I kind of feel discouraged to use it for those reasons. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z5 getting really warm and the battery seems to drain during on screen time

@JoeVakarian

That's normal, there's nothing wrong with your phone, screen will drain the battery faster, more so, if you are streaming videos or watching videos or playing games, and if your network coverage it's poor then it'll drain even faster, is your Z5 on Lollipop or Marshmallow?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Well, I had an LG G3 before, and yeah it also got really warm, but the battery was outstanding with that one. I got around 7-8 hours of on screen time. And that phone had a Quad HD display. I was hoping that a Full HD phone with a similar battery capacity would withstand even more, specially with all the marketing Sony has done for it. 

And also, I specified that I don't play games or stream videos. And my phone is Marshmallow now.

But oh well... if this is "normal", then I can see that other phones have done a much, MUCH, better job.

By the way, the quote you mentioned kind of suits my post xD 

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@JoeVakarian
@uliwooly
No, it isn't normal. I have the same problem (My phone gets very warm and screen is eating battery in less than 2h), and a friend got the same phone. But the problem doesn't appear on his phone.
Return to warranty
Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Cab13, did you return it to warranty, too? 

But my phone lets itself be used with the screen on for like 4-5 hours. So I'm not really sure if it's normal or not.