account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 SMS apps very slow and messages get deleted

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z5 SMS apps very slow and messages get deleted

Love my new Z5 but having a small number of issues with the SMS functionality.

When i send a message it's painfully slow to update the chat thread, i quite often have to go to the main page and then back in to see it.

Also if i start writting another text against the same or a different contact and the phone finishes its update it deletes anything i have typed alreadywhich is really frustrating.

ALso if i have several texts to open (say ive been in a meeting at work) the first one opens, but then when i click to go into the next the previous message reloads on the screen.

I'm not sure i am explaining myself very well but hopefully this makes sense.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z5 SMS apps very slow and messages get deleted

Hi @Degsy

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If this issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the problem. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Degsy

Did you transferred a lot of txts/conversations to your new Z5?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi It looks like a lot of texts were transferred. I've removed some if the bigger chains and it does seem to have improved. Will monitor for a few days and see how it goes.
Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Degsy

Excellent, don't forget to do the same regarding the call logs, if you want to store them here are some alternatives

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

So did anyone get the SMS slow to send figured out ? thanks

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Total

what have you attempted so far?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Found out what the problem was . The APN settings were not correct for my cell phone company . Fast  now ...

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Total

I'm glad you've figured it out