account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 Premium dual screen way too sensitive

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Z5 Premium dual screen way too sensitive

That's my 5th Xperia device jumping from Xperia Z.

The screen is responsive but it's way too sensitive. The problem only happens when I am hovering over the soft buttons of the screen ( hovering over the back button ) 

I tried to enable glove mode and then disable it with no success. Every part of the screen is OK except these 3 buttons. It's **bleep** annoying as the device is too big and your thumb is most of the time above these buttons when navigating. 

Any idea ? I still have 8 days warranty left so I need to know if this is a hardware fault or not. ( battery life is good and everything else is perfectly fine  )  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Re: Z5 Premium dual screen way too sensitive

Alright I'll send it back hope they'll just exchange it not repair it. 

BTW, when i say hovering over it means my finger is about 1mm above the soft button but still not touching the screen. Very annoying indeed. 

BR.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Get a replacement phone now.  No reason to take the chance when you can still return it.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

OK but the question is....does anybody experience this thing ? even with a screen protector it happens. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@IA64

I can't recreate that issue with my Z5 Premimum, return/exchange it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Alright I'll send it back hope they'll just exchange it not repair it. 

BTW, when i say hovering over it means my finger is about 1mm above the soft button but still not touching the screen. Very annoying indeed. 

BR.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi again,

I went to the store for a replacement and to my surprise all other Xperia premium have the same issue!!

The screen is super sensitive its too annoying to use.

Not sure how nobody noticed that.
Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@IA64

1mm? that's super close to the screen but you can contact Sony directly if you think this is an issue. >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Well that's not about 1mm or 2. It's just that I can control the screen without even touching it by hovering really close to it. 

I can scroll pages and swipe my finger a millimeter above the screen and it will react. 

I don't know if that can be changed by file modification but I am almost certain that my device is not defective.

Yet very annoying.

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@IA64

I just can't recreate this with my device.