account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 Panorama Low Quality

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Z5 Panorama Low Quality

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Z5, upgrading from an iPhone 5S.
I've noticed that the panoramas come out just awful. The resolution is low and I get a lot of 'shaking lines' despite none appearing on my iPhone and both were taken with very minimal movement. There don't seem to be any individual Panorama settings but all other settings including the basic camera are set to the highest resolution.

I took a comparison shot of my kitchen with both my 5S and the Z5 and the difference was significant and immediately noticeable. Am I missing something that improves the quality or do I have to just put up with less than acceptable Panorama quality for a phone of this calibre?

Thanks for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z5 Panorama Low Quality

@Paulie769

I understand your frustration, the Panorama mode has not been updated nor improved since the Xperia Arc back in 2011

what I do is upload all the picture to google and it will create panoramas, or you can stitch them with third party apps, or on a computer or you can try different panorama apps on the play store. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hope Sony will update the Panorama app and Pro manual mode app, we need manual shutter speed etc
Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

It's really quite embarrassing, the xperia phone's are entirely capable of taking good panoramas but as you've noted they haven't made any improvements to it for years.

They've pretty much neglected the camera software on Xperia since they took over from Ericcsson.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Would love to hear a response from Sony on this one... *hint hint*