account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z3c random restart both when idle and in use

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Z3c random restart both when idle and in use

Hi,
Since last night my Z3c has started randomly rebooting. So much so, I've 17 incidents in the last 3.5 days according to the diagnostics info.

Any suggestions or ideas as to what this is and what I can do before I have to send off for repair please?
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z3c random restart both when idle and in use

@chloeWest

does it happen when you open a particular app? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @chloeWest,

It depends on what is causing it to reboot. In a lot of cases, third party apps are the culprit.

I recommend you test your phone in safe mode for a few hours to a day and see if it is still occuring.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thanks. I booted into safe mode and went to reply to this...

Thanks. I booted into safe mode and went to reply to this post using chrome and it occurred again.
Now up to 25 incidents in the last 3.5 days.
It's not a particular app either. It happens at various times doing different tasks. Makes me suspect it could be a hardware fault? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Screenshot_2016-02-24-14-43-32.png
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@chloeWest

What you can do is trying to grab a backup then perform a software repair using PC Companion, this will erase your internal memory and install a fresh copy of the latest available firmware. This mostly ends any doubts about software issues, if those restarts keep happening after repair then it can be a hardware issue and contacting your Local support would be wise.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

OK thanks all. I'm just finishing a month long trip around Asia so lucky it's only just started happening. Got stuck in a loop of reboots. I will definitely try that when I get home on Saturday else it's off for repair on Monday. Doing my head in!