account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3c battery draining quickly after Marshmallow update and phone is heating while using

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Z3c battery draining quickly after Marshmallow update and phone is heating while using

Hi.
I updated my Z3c to Android 6(Marshmallow). After the update I hv noticed the battery is draining very quickly. Now it doesn't last even more than 8hrs. Besides the phone gets heated while using. This is really irritating. what is wrong with Sony? Awaiting a swift reply.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z3c battery draining quickly after Marshmallow update and phone is heating while using

@lalla

Can you give us screenshots of your battery consumption graph?

- Go to Settings -> Battery usage -> Screenshot

- Go to Settings -> Battery usage -> Tap on the graph -> Another screenshot

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Z3c battery draining quickly after Marshmallow update and phone is heating while using

@Quester
how to share the screenshots here?
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

How much I 'hate' to suggest it,but if you are sure it happened n connection with a sofware-up-date, it might be a solution to run 'repair' through the Sony Companion software. I had a similar problem on another phone, and it seemed to be an out-dated app that was hanging consuming the battery. If problem is gone after repair and BEFORE back-up restore, be sure to do a fresh install of apps and not a back-up restore of old apps!!

To post a sceenshot, up-load it on a photosharing site and post the link.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Haffiman
The phone is also running slow and hangs a bit. How can I find which app might be creating the trouble? After update I have updated most of the apps also.
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello: I've been getting serious battery drain as well. I used to get over 30 hours to 10%, now barely 16. 

Screenshot_20160601-103701.png

Screenshot_20160601-103409.png

Screenshot_20160601-103424.png

Screenshot_20160601-103429.png

I also have Android usage data. It looks like the screen is the issue, but I can't see losing nearly 10% an hour when the screeen use is intermittant.

Any thoughts

Message 7 of 8

@lalla

If problem is gone after 'repair', simply do a fresh re-install of your apps, one by one.You may be lucky and everything will be ok, however you may all of a sudden after an install get back to same problem. Then most likely last installed app is the one creating the mess. I do not know if you have any sort of 'cleaner' installed, I use 360 secuity on my phones (different brands), and it seems to work decently. Hanging/lagging are often related to RAM usage and 'boosting' and cleaning might help. Waze is a killer if you let it run in the background and moving around.

Olw
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have pretty much the same issue and my usage also looks the same. Seems like Google Services is the big battery consumer now. 

Can this be an outdated app after all, when Google services are the one taking the energy?