account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z3 magic bending phone!

Highlighted
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Z3 magic bending phone!

is right, it doesen't mather whever you bought phone you get like 1-2 years warranty by the store so any issues you get with phone shall be taken by EE company not Sony, so if you talk to Sony they will just forward you to return it to EE about it and let EE send it off to a certificated Sony repair workshop to do a inspection on the phone to see why and how it bent.

Forum Legend
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

I can guarantee that what I said is true and is law and I am in no way misleading you or mistaken in this area of law - I could go further and advise you that if they refuse to carry out repairs or replace then your only option is to ask for a deadlock letter which is EE refusing to accept the device for repair under warranty, This then clears the way for you to take court action which is what the courts need to see before hearing the case due to continuity and will prove that you have carried out all the steps to resolve this dispute

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

The phone was not purchsed through EE but a third party but added on to my EE account, i am not getting anywhere with the company i purchased off and sony currently have my handset because i am refusing to pay the repair fee when i did nothing to the handset for it to bend..it appears to have over heated the alloy on the magnetic charge point and caused the alloy to contract. I am not in the habit of carrying personal items in pockets so its not been caused by tight fitting clothes which sony have accused people of doing in the past. I just want the issue resolved and have my handset in good working order and not having to use a substandard iphone in the mean time! Sony state it is not a warranty repair. They have the handset beacuse the seller of the phone stated either i send it to sony myself or they would and said that if they did it would delay the rpair even further.
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Also sony have given no explainations as to why it is not covered by warranty.
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

Thank you for your email.

Consumer law states that if there is a fault within the first 6 months, only if it can be proven that it was there when purchased will we be able to look into repairing or replacing the handset.

My Colleague advised that we would be able to send the handset off to the manufacturer for inspection but it would be better for you to go directly to the manufacturer as it would be quicker for you to get the handset back.

If the manufacturer deems this to be physical damage and is not covered under the warranty, we would not be able to take this any further.

THIS IS THE STATEMENT FROM THE SELLER.
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

I suggest that seller learns consumer law a bit better.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

Well Sony have just emailed again...they are upholding their decision, stating the goods were not faulty or poor quality blah blah blah...but they would say that. I have not sat here all day resting..i have been in touch with watchdogs bbc as there seems to be a lot of issues with sony. What consumers are helping me and i have been in touch with trading standards. I shall now consider my options.
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

if phone was provided by EE but you didnt pay for it since you pay for a SIM susbcription package then everything is still taken by EE does not mather what.

Let's say you purchase a subscription card for 24 months that gives you free calls, free sms, free mms and data traffic of 10GB for 24 months and a phone like z3 or so is included for 0$ or so then warranty and so is still done by EE not by sony so anny issues with your phone must be returned to EE what so ever.

Secondly EE shall not delay repair even more just because they have to send it off -.- if they act like that then i must say EE is really bad, all carriers, in most countries would send phone asap as warranty request repair to certificated sony partnered repair center and they have no rights to delay it due to that.

Third, be happy that your z3 didin't bend as much as an iphone 6 or iphone 6 plus does Slightly smiling Face these crapy phones by apple can be bent by 2 bare hands really easly which is really bad quality. 

This shows that sony has atleast used more quality alminum than apple did.

Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

It wasnt EE who sold the handset...it was purchased through a third party...who sent me the statement above.
Forum Legend
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

It is therefore down to this 3rd party to either repair or replace and also it is down to you to request from this 3rd party a deadlock letter - Your contract of sale is not with Sony but with this 3rd party

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman