account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 compact Sony Care Repair Centre experience

Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z3 compact Sony Care Repair Centre experience

Hi...

I wanted to post this as I read is forum before and while waiting on my phone been repaired at repair centre. It panicked me a lot... Thinking I wasn't going to get phone back for weeks, it would cost into the £100's with lots what seemed like similar incidents quoted completely different prices. Also those like myself who had brand new phones that developed cracks.

I was on to chat support on quite a few occasions after information that I felt I had not been provided with, the seemed pleasant and initial time called where helpful. Although they did not appear to have access to information I was requiring (e.g. When device said received when would I hear what happened next?)
I felt if I had been given information about the stages that were accurate it would have cause less worry.

My timeline in case it of interest or help to another member:
- 5th January: packed phone and posted special delivery (in order for insurance from Royal Mail to cover phone being lost) peace of mind only cost £7.10
- 6th January: evening obtained info from track and trace had been delivered and signed for
- 8th January: Marked device received on Sony mobile My Support
Contacted chat support and was informed engineer would asses phone and I would be emailed with how much would cost to repair
- 12th January: Device was marked as in transit on way back and tracking number provided
Tracking number didn't work till afternoon/evening of 13th January.
-14th January: Royal Mail post delivered phone back, using tracked 24 service and required signed for.

Phone was in an Xperia Care box similar to initial mobile box and had piece if paper with it informing me what had been fixed.

Xperia care state 5-10 working days. From when I have proof Royal Mail delivered (6th Jan) till it got back to me was 6 working days.

My z3 compact was fixed under warranty it would appear, I was never told this but was very pleased to get my phone back and even more that I didn't have another bill in January.

Hope this helps someone. Gives idea of what to expect and isn't a story or negative experience.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z3 compact Sony Care Repair Centre experience

Always good to hear a positive comment

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Great to hear that

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thought it was important to give my experience as the very many negative experience I read while phone was away made me worry a lot more than I needed too it turns out . I think places like this and for reviews that people are much more likely to write a negative review and if goes well don't comment. Felt was important to represent my experience too and give detailed info as a rough guide as I didn't even have that.
Adept
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Dear c1aire, i'd like to ask you some further information:

1) it seems that your phone sufferd a self craking screen, am i right? was it the front or rear screen?

2) did you register to the Sony Top Care site to send your device at the Repair Center?

3) you packed your phone before sending it to the Repair Center than you received the device with another box, did you send your phone without the original box?

Thanks

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hello c1are, would you mind to reply at my questions? Maybe some of them could help users to understand if it's worthy to use this kind of Service.

Thanks in advance
Genius
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@il_vecio wrote:
Hello c1are, would you mind to reply at my questions? Maybe some of them could help users to understand if it's worthy to use this kind of Service.

Thanks in advance

Hi, try sending the member a PM.......that way they will know you are trying to contact them for sure :smileysmileywink:

Regular
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi
I was not online at time sent post. I just got notification of your private message I replied then seen post. I replied with below post:
Hi

It was a self cracking back glass. Is Sony top care, Xperia Care? I am in the UK and in registered with Sony Mobile and the register my device using IMEI number no cost involved. On my support section if website I clicked repair device your device and followed information on screen.

I received information from Xperia Care via email for where to send phone and how to send it part instructions was not to send SIM card or memory card with or original box. Freepost is given as part of an address, although I did not think this would provide adequate cover for phone in post. I sent special delivery in bubble wrap and surrounded by padding in small box I didn't expect back. I receive in box similar to original box with Xperia care written with no bubble wrap.
Adept
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Thanks c1aire for your answer
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I also had me phone repaired recently.  It took a couple of weeks but it came back perfect.  All done uner warrenty it seems.  I am very pleased to have a working phone camera again.  I could not see much info online about how far the phone had gotten with its repairs but I did get an email appologising for a slight delay.  I was very pleased with the service over all.