account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 back screen cracked

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Z3 back screen cracked

Hi all,

I wanna ask a question about my Xperia Z3.So the back glass of my Xperia z3 just cracked,i wanna ask if i didnt replace it,will it still waterproof?or if i repaired it in the Sony Service centre,will it 100 percent waterproof?

Here's the picture

Thanks.

11006102_953177078040892_607816743_n.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z3 back screen cracked

Hi, i would not risk the waterproof capabilities due to the crack.......if you were to get it repaired from an authorised Xperia Care Centre they should perform a Vacuum Test on it after the repair but always better to confirm with them 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Demigod
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hey , like dandy said don't risk your device. I have a tiny crack at the bottom and did spill water on it but i dont know if anything went inside as everything is working including the antenna because the crack is at the left antena and there i spilled water. Also seen no bubbles while water was on the crack. I still would not submarge it fully in water
Demigod
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You can also do the pressure test and check if the numbers will raise
Genius
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@gtgttt If you do decide to not do anything re the crack for the time being you could fit a clear thin screen protector for some added protection but not for immersion in water :smileysmileywink:

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I agree with both, don't risk it. you could request a vacuum test at your local Xperia care, even then, I wouldn't risk it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Ok,thanks for replying.