account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z3 and Z2 Messaging

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Z3 and Z2 Messaging

When my Z3 receives a text from certain contacts, I'm unable to view them and they don't appear to be in my inbox.

It doesn't matter if it's SMS or MMS, I cannot view the previous text unless I text that person back first, which can be difficult as it won't tell me who sent the message even though the Number is saved on the device.

(eg-: If I reiceve a text from "Mother" it pops up as "Messaging" and won't let me open it, it's only when I text her back later on do I know she sent the text and am then able to read it)

My Mothers Xperia Z2 has the same problem (worryingly with both her employees and her other son) both have Messgaing as the default app.

This problem has been aparent since we updated both devices recently.

Any ideas how to fix this?

PS-: I've been in contact with my network provider (Vodafone) a lot recently for other issues at their end and I'm hoping I don't have to deal with them again :smileysmileywink:

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z3 and Z2 Messaging

So you basically cannot open the messages app to read a new message?

You can try settings-apps-all,scroll down to messages, force stop and clear data and restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks I'll see if that works :smileysmileywink:

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@WarDonkey Keep us updated.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.