account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 Dual VoLTE?

Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z3 Dual VoLTE?

Hello, I know that the Z3 single sim supports VoLTE with my carrier, however I have found no information anywhere in relation to the Z3 Dual and VoLTE.  Is anyone aware of the Z3 Dual supporting VoLTE?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z3 Dual VoLTE?

@browngeek

it'll be wise to contact your carrier.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Sony HK has confirmed the D6633 doesn't support VoLTE.

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@browngeek

Source code?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I asked Sony Hong Kong on Facebook and they confirmed.

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@browngeek

please post the source code

@Johan

Have you heard any of this?

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

It depends on region and network operator so to ensure this I suggest that you contact your local support team.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Contacting local support was as clear as mud:

"

HK-007:  We just checked the information for you. Since now the VoLTE function is still under test. The phone with CSL Mobile and 3HK supports VoLTE, SmarTone may support in next version.
HK-007:  Is there anything else that I can help you with?
browngeek:  thanks for that. in my settings I have no option to enable VoLTE though
HK-007:  Due to VoLTE is still under test now, we do not have the exact information about this. You can visit www.sonymobile.com for more information.
HK-007:  You may also visit our customer service center for further help. Thank you.
HK-007:  Please visit our service center with your phone and purchase receipt for help:

Address: 20/F, Ginza Plaza, 2A-2H Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon.
Service Hours: Mon - Sun 11:00 am to 8:00 pm"

I am with one of the networks that is supposed to support VoLTE.  The network doesn't have a specific carrier version of the Sony firmware.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Re: Z3 Dual VoLTE? Three.co.uk

My understaning is that VoLTE is to be supported by the carrier supplying my SIM card and mobile phone so the D6633?

So if my carrier will be launing VoLTE later on this year

http://blog.three.co.uk/2015/04/23/volte-comes-to-three/

will the D6633 (Sony updates GSM module firmware) be able to use the VoLTE network or is there hardware restriction and the D6633 will not be able to use VoLTE at all?