account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact won't connect to PC with USB

Apprentice
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Z3 Compact won't connect to PC with USB

Thanks. That might be a solution if you could let me know how it's done. The problem is with Windows (7/ 64 prof) rather than the phone I suspect, but in that case it seems to me to be an issue the phone manufacturer  should take up with MS.

Emperor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

@Jake-SonyXperiaSupport he needs extra help 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Hi Shane47,

Please see the instructions below.

1. Click Start
  2. Click on Control Panel
  3. Go to System and Security
  4. Choose Device manager
  5. Plug the handset in and wait a minute or so
  6. Find the Universal Serial Bus section
  7. If you see a ! Then this is likely the MTP driver, you will need to right click this then access the properties, from here you will need to uninstall the driver.
  8. Now remove the handset from the PC and then insert again, the driver should install.

Please note, that in some cases a device cannot be connected due to issues happening with that PC computer, in such a case you are best to refer to the manufacturer of that device.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

I'm afraid this has not worked. Any other suggestion?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

What happens when this device is connected to another PC/mac computer does it connect?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Yes, the connection is fine on other computers.

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

Have exactly the same problem, nothing seems to help. Driver uninstalled, i plugged it in again and brought back the same wrong MTP driver with the error. downloaded mtp drivers from microsoft homepage, for win 10, even 8.1. nothing. tried to install sony companion, did not work. Tried to set usb setting to developer mode, did not help.