account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 Compact Screen Lines and Pixelation

One time poster
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Z3 Compact Screen Lines and Pixelation

Since yesterday my Screen has been acting weird. Its clear when you unlock it then lines appear on the screen yesterday there was more vertical lines today there are feint horizontal lines. Yesterday during the day the lines were sometimes more prominent and sometimes less however the lines are present and sometimes the screen will go grainy. The phone is functioning correctly but there seems to be some fault with the screen and it does not look nice.
14 REPLIES 14
Visitor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Z3 Compact Screen Lines and Pixelation

I have exactly the same problem. my screen has gone grainy and I have vertical white lines running down it. The phone still functions perfectly but the screen is barely usable. I have returned the phone to the retailer I purchased it from to get it replaced.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried with a factory reset on your phone? Otherwise, I suggest that you contact your local support team for further information about how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Thanks Hampus, yes I tried to factory reset the phone twice as well as fiddling with every display setting and and it did not help at all. Thanks for the link, I do not need to contact the support team in this instance as I was able to return the phone for a replacement however I shall bear that in mind should I have any further problems.

One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

i am having the same problem with the regular sony xperia Slightly frowning Face huge black bar on the right of the screen and white bars on the rest of the screen making the screen almost unusable

Regular
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

I think it is the polarity of the filter matrix LCD. It would be interesting to know whether all users have the same problem or just a few. It's very scary, the first time I saw it, I thought there was a line of blue pixels. Anyway, I work in an electronics store and demonstration model has the same thing.
One time poster
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

i got same problem with my z3 compact. i ask the sony and they advice me to send them back.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Same issue. my phone was working fine and in my pocket. next thing i know the screen only shows colourful lines. tried hard restart and ended up with a a thick black line in the middle and green on the sides. totally unusable. 

I have sent it back to sony, and im waiting on a replacement. I hope i get it soon as i have no phone until it is replaced. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

I think I have the same problem.  About a month ago I turned my camera on to take a picture indoors and it was really dark and there was this strange clear blue tint vertical line approx 1cm in diameter on my screen.  When I take pictures the tint sometimes is captured on the screen.  i also get really grainy pictures and video capture now and I think it might be getting worse.  All my photos are pretty bad at the mo.  I'm in the process of sending my phone back.  Hopefully it's a one off.

One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

I have the same problem - sounds serious!  Will try to return it Slightly frowning Face