account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Compact Latest update 23.4.A.1.200

Visitor
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: Z3 Compact Latest update 23.4.A.1.200

How about a reply about stagefright, what kind of support forum is this?
Until this update this was the best phone I have tried. Now I feel like choosing another brand as Sony seems very unproffessional. We had to wait for updates before but this is laughable. Patch the **bleep** exploit.
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

I just cancelled the update which was going over wifi.

I thought the this update might fully fix Stagefright exploit but it is exposing more to the vulnerbility.

What the fffuuuucckkkk is sony thinking for its Z3 users?? Sony is taking us for granted for sure....

Updates are to resolve issues not to bring in more trouble.....

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
Regular
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

I've just updated yesterday with the suudenly there .200 firmware.

I can't comment on other problems/issue with Z3C in previous .546 firmware, coz I didnt face any issue with screen, radio drop or any app freezing, except the battery life drain.

23.4.A.1.200 does have very good battery life as compared to .546, "so far over 1day of use".

Software runs very smooth, excellent RAM managment, no problem whatsoever with any app/function.

(Stagefright ... I dont MMS)

Adept
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

All I want to know from Sony is....Does this update fix the problem with the data encryption? The previous release bust my fully encrypted phone (internal and SD card encryption) in that it triggered a 20min optimisation cycle each time I cycled the power. If this has been resolved then I will be happy....I think. Updating now so fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

After the first couple of days with the new update, I can report that the battery life has increased relative to when I first purchased the Z3C in August. With moderate use, battery is draining a little over 1% per hour. I am not getting the 2 days cited in in reviews, but definitely in the 14-16 hour range to my 10% oh-no-where-is-my-charger critical level

That being said the Mobile Radio Active issue is still rampant, with several applications reporing MRA even when the phone is down and those applications should be idle. 

When I get my act together, I'll post some battery use screenshots.

Message 16 of 21

I did the update a couple of days ago and for a while I thought it had wiped my SD card as all the Apps on the card had the "Application Not Found" icon showing but after a few (long) minutes, they came back.

No change to battery life, still struggling through a day on one charge on normal use.

Mobile Data hasn't dropped out yet though so hopefully that's finally been fixed. 

Adept
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

Has anyone with a pattern lock, fully encrypted their z3/c including SD card with this version of the firmware? If you have are there any problems when you reboot?
Learner
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

Hi everybody, this is my first post here.

Yesterday I updated my Z3 Compact and today I stumbled into this: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/18/stagefright-2-all-versions-android-since-2010-hit-...

I hope a new patch is coming in the near future, because this is becoming ridiculous.

Cheers.

Talent
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

now it's new update fo CE1 phones 23.4.A.1.232

23.4.A.1.232.jpg

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Well let's hope this update fixes Stagefright vulnerability and the Mobile Data issue which has amazingly got worse since the last update...