account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Battery died, refusing to charge, no LED light???

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Z3 Battery died, refusing to charge, no LED light???

Hey guys, i'm simply wondering if anyone else has had this issue (or to make others aware of this.) 

Tonight was very stressful, so i'll try and make it easy to read through.

- using my phone in the car, charging via my Sony Bluetooth Radio (built in to my car)

- battery was decreasing faster than charging and the phone ran out of battery and turned off

- tried to plug it into mains but no red light to verify charging

- used another charger and still no red light to verify charging

- tried to turn on. nothing. tried to reset. nothing.

- checked chargers with friends phone and chargers were working fine

- tried to charge the phone with a PC USB. PC verified something had been plugged in but said they couldn't verify and there was a problem.

- left the phone for about an hour.

- when returned to the phone the red out-of-battery light was blinking when I tried to press the power button.

- went to my car and tried to charge it via the sony bluetooth radio

- lights turned off and phone returned to unresponsive state

- got home about 40 minutes later and red lights are on

- charged it via AC adapter at home, left it for a bit, now charging normally.

For a while i thought my phone was completely busted and I was so angry as I've just had a replacement. can anyone else verify that this is a thing? before lollipop if the phone ran out of battery it would just start to charge.. I wouldn't have to wait an hour for it to become responsive again?! just making sure this isnt a fault.

thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z3 Battery died, refusing to charge, no LED light???

This has happened to me before with a Xperia S, Xperia Z and Z1. The issue was an app acting up that drained the battery.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

What to do?

Connect the phone to a wall charger, press and hold power for 10 to 15 seconds, let it charge for two to three hours. Then repair it with PCC.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

PC Companion (PCC)
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Bridge (for Mac)
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/bridge-for-mac/

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355