account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3+ Back - Home - App Icons Not Responding?

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Z3+ Back - Home - App Icons Not Responding?

Hi Guys, 

I recently bought this phone after my iPhone went bust. 

Everything was fine but when it updated the Back - Home - App Icons just will not respond to anything I do which is incredibly annoying! It isnt the touch screen because when the phone is locked I am able to access them at the bottom of the screen its just when I try to use the other functions!I am at the end of my teather with this.

Is there anything anyone can think of doing and would this be covered as a defect if I sent it to be repaired?

Ihave already > Fully Reset the phone - Soft reset/hard reset - I have tested it in safe mode - Used the PC Companion to repair the phone. Nothing has worked.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Z3+ Back - Home - App Icons Not Responding?

@WalrusOfLove

Does your phone has a protective case, film, glass? 

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen.

Does it work on >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Please clarify  "when it updated the Back - Home - App Icons just will not respond to anything I do".

What updated?  What else did you do?

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Doesnt have any protection on the phone, I tried the diagnostic and it was fine. it didnt work in safe mode.

I updated the phone to whatever the lastest software is. And everything in my first post, running out of ideas. Its just when the icons are on the bottom of the screen. If I rotate it they work fine..

Highlighted
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

After firmware update, the on-screen home, back buttons don't work but the touch screen and LCD are OK?

Does those buttons work on landscape mode when you flip your phone around?
Learner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Yes, and they're all fine and yes that's the only way I can use the phone now after spending ages trying to find anything this thread sounds like the same issue: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Sony-z3-compact-xperia-back-and-home-button-not-wor...

Thanks
Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@WalrusOfLove

You could repair the phone once more with PCC just to try everything

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

contact Sony xperia support to get it inspected.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Learner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

How fast is the service? I literally just got the phone to replace my IPhone lol but my warranty on Sony mobile says it's covered until 2017, I just want to double check that this is a "defect"

Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@WalrusOfLove

If PCC doesn't solve this problem, you might want to take it back and exchange it