account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z2 not working with earphones

Apprentice
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Z2 not working with earphones

Hello, as default the phone is set to Noise Cancelling, tried it with the other options and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Genius
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hi, thats a pity.......if i was you i would take it to where you purchased it & take your headphones also to let them test it & see if they suggest a return, if you cant do that then you would have to contact your nearest Xperia Care.......out of interest, are you using the Walkman app for your music or a 3rd party app? Whichever one you use i would try a different Music App & try that or can you delete/reinstall the Walkman App????

Worth a try......fingers crossed Question

Apprentice
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

I've tried using walkman as well as spotify to see if either would work, unfortunately neither one of them work. It would seem it's more likely a hardware issue rather than a software one, I don't see why there should be a problem in just returning it and asking for either a new one or for them to do some sort of repair on the 3.5 port as I've barely had the phone for two weeks. I'll give the store a call in the morning to see if they can replace it or fix it somehow, thanks for all the help!

Highlighted
Genius
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

That's a pity we couldn't get the problem figured out.......make sure you explain all you have done to them as probably the first thing they will say is 'try different headphones/settings/software update' etc etc.....

Good luck & keep us informed with what happens....:smileysmileythumbsup:

Apprentice
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I will! Thanks.

One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi, I have just bought this phone and didnt work with the earphone I got with it... Slightly frowning Face Took two days but I altered as : Settings - Sound - Audio accessories : Other.... My only problem is, that it is not loud enough Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Can it be a problem or I just have to get used to it? Thank you for answering