account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z2, Lollipop update, awful, problems.

Learner
Message 141 of 160
Message 141 of 160

Re: Z2, Lollipop update, awful, problems.

The same result.... The picture is very bad
Genius
Message 142 of 160
Message 142 of 160

I see, Bolla. I advise running a software repair on the handset as the issue occurred after updating, this process will remove & re-install the latest operating system for you and is very likely to resolve the issue.

Download PC Companion

Note: a software repair will delete all user data, to back up your phone:

1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows
computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
(Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ
depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow
the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard).

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 143 of 160
Message 143 of 160

If you are yet to upgrade your Z2 to lollipop my advice is you should wait a while longer since i already regret it. The battery charge drains faster esp when connected to wifi or 4g, the messaging app hangs, the phone overheats and i can no longer charge the phone from my laptop. It is like i have lost my good old phone.

I really need a way to downgrade to Kitkat. Anyone with ideas?

One time poster
Message 144 of 160
Message 144 of 160

I recently updated my Z2 to the latest software. Since the update, i have not been able to send SMS or carry out outgoing calls. Basically, my phone is not a phone any more. On top of that, it overheats, drains the battery extremely fast and restarts itself randomly. What should I do to get a working phone again? Very dissapointed!

One time poster
Message 145 of 160
Message 145 of 160

same thing for me, I updated my Z2 yesterday, and it stays normal for 15 sek when it finally stabilize. So I cant take a backup on it. Guess Sony has to come with a solution here...

Commissioner
Message 146 of 160
Message 146 of 160

Latest Lollipop 5.1.1 update has caused unexpected problem for me. It affected the Music app that occasionally, the sound will disappear even though the song is still playing. This is by using using Sony's MDR-NC31e earphones. Initially I thought it was the Music app and did the the suggested rectification. Clearing cache, data, force close than restart and reload failed all the time. Issue will return. I even took the painful step to clean reload Lollipop 5.1.1 but the issue gets worst.  Learnt that Lollipop 5.1.1 is also affecting Nexus cellphones that causes battery, GPS, apps problem. Understood that a new software update for Z2 firmware 23.4.A.1.200 had been recently certified pending roll out.  Really hope this will solve the problem.  Currently, my way of working around this issue is whenever the lost volume bug emerges, I have to forward to the next song than hit the backward button. This sometimes need to be done a few times before usual play resumes. Faustrating but nothing can be done until Sony roll out a solution.

Do you experience similar issue?

Adept
Message 147 of 160
Message 147 of 160

23.4.A.1.200, why sony rolls that out with bugs?

USSD doesnt work, Stagefright fixes not included. Whats up here?

One time poster
Message 148 of 160
Message 148 of 160

Bluetooth problems all over the place since the new Lollipop update. (Xperia Z2)

Get to listen to music for 20seconds up to 1minute then it cuts, disconnects and after a long while reconnects over bluetooth.

Then we do the same again, over and over and over again....

(Maybe I should bring my old Sony Walkman with taperecorder? Still works perfectly, clear and good sound and no stupid updates)

Since it´s company phones we do not really have the time for this kind of stuff - how hard can it be? really?

RJI
One time poster
Message 149 of 160
Message 149 of 160

Why i can't send sms or recieve and use phone to call after i updated my phone to 23.4.A.1.232

Rookie
Message 150 of 160
Message 150 of 160

Yeah me too, I Hate the camera quality right now. Sony is the best camera maker? yeah...