account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 shuts down when unplugging from power

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Z1 shuts down when unplugging from power

Dear Sony-Members,

I have bought my Z1 some days ago. Every morning I wondered why my phone is shut down. Today I noticed why. I played around with my wallpaper (so not much CPU used) and then unplugged it from power. Immediatly it shuts down. Everything else works fine.
This just happens when it was a long time connected to the power (8 hours over night) - so every morning.

Some details:
Root: no
Android: 4.3
Build: 14.2.A.1.136
Device: C6903
Updates: the last available in my country installed

Can anyone help me?

Much thanks in advance!

Patrick
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Z1 shuts down when unplugging from power

Have you tried force shutdown(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates)?After this,just turn it on normally.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I tried it now. But the error is not replicable. Do you think that after 1x force shutdown the error won't occur anymore?
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I cannot assure you,but we can wait.Report here if it happens again.It might be related to an overheat,but we will see.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Thank you very much! I will tell you tomorrow if it helped Slightly smiling Face
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Ok,keep us updated.

Regular
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Hey guys, it did not work. After unplugging from power the display freezes for some seconds and the phone instantly shuts down. :-( I hope you may help me again.
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Boot your phone in safe mode,see if that will occur again.It might be related to a 3rd party app:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Regular
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Thanks for your support! Gonna try that.
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Anytime,I am waiting for your reply.