account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 destroy files on SD card?

Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Z1 destroy files on SD card?

I am sorry to hear that,why don't you take it into service?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

I have the same problem. I had Experia S before and never had an issue. Couple of weeks ago I got Z1. I copied my 14 GB of music to my SD. It worked when connected to PC but when I tried to play it in the in phone 14 GB suddenly became 3GB and I couldn't play most of my songs...I tried it few times, formated, then I bought fancy expensive SD card. Still doesn't work

One time poster
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

I'm having the same issue. I had copied a bunch of pictures and music to my SD card using the built in transfer feature. However, once i attempted to view the pictures most of them were corrupted. Likewise my music just disappeared and the card began showing weird corrupt files. I know there is nothing wrong with the sd card since i have used it in other phones both before and tested it in other phones after using it in my Z1. I find this rather ridiculous

One time poster
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

I have z1 and i have the same problem. Sd card damage. This happened after i switch off the phone. I dont know why it should be the routine of programming to unmount sd card before switched off.
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

Normally,every time you remove a disk drive from any device or computer,you should safely disconnect it or unmount it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

To all MicroSD buyers:

Don't look for cheapest microsd as possible.

Reason is when a factory make those microsd memory cards, their is a small group of cards that doesn't work properly.

(like bad parts /broken clusters in the memory capacity).

The company of those cards don't put their name on it and don't sell them.

But their is a big group that get's those bad memorycards from the say back of the factory, and sell them for a dump price. (like a broken 64gig card will be sold as a good 32gig card)

So my advice, buy those microSD cards from a manufactorer who put their name on the microSD card, and buy from a store that will refund or change the microsd in case of errors.

If you experience broken files:

-did you transfer them properly (so didn't remove the microsd too fast from computer while transfer was till busy, was the file playable on the microsd, or broken from the beginning)

- If you shutdown the Experia Z1, and take out the microSD, put it in a computer or other device that can play the file from microsd and try to use the same file that had issues on your Experia Z1. If computer has issues too, then the microsd card is broken. Reformatt can help(bad cluster will stay marked as bad cluster, so won't be used), but repartition will give the same error again (a bad cluster is then whiped as all clusters are good and so bad cluster will be used again with dataloss as result).

If problem still exists (broken data) then cut the microsd in pieces with a scissor, and buy a good one. If you bought the microsd in Europe (or european webshop), then don't cut the microsd card in pieces, but go back to the store where you bought it, and ask a new one, or refund what you pay (because of european law).

∆○×□ PSP1004 (Phat 1st gen.) 5.00 M33-6 (+1.50) + 32GB Pro-Duo.
∆○×□ PS4 1.7X + 500GB hdd + Dualshock4 + PS4 Camera,
Xperia-Z1 Android 4.4.X + 32GB microSD + Philips SHB9100
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

Good point,Jeroensky.I always suggest them Sandisk or Sony,they seem to work best with Xperias.

One time poster
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

I have a similar problem - bought a brand new, official Samsung SD card and the problem persists, so it's definitely a problem with the phone, not the SD card.

I copy music onto it, and within a day, the files that I've copied over are corrupt ("Cannot play song") and in the end disappear from the SD card. Very frustrating indeed since music is one of the main thing I use the phone for.

Adept
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

If you put the files on the microsd, but you keep it out of the Z1. And play the files from another device (from the same microSD). Do you also get corrupted files after a few days? If so it's really a microSD issue.

Or do you use DRM enabled media files? If so, don't and use files from open formats that not support DRM Handshake

∆○×□ PSP1004 (Phat 1st gen.) 5.00 M33-6 (+1.50) + 32GB Pro-Duo.
∆○×□ PS4 1.7X + 500GB hdd + Dualshock4 + PS4 Camera,
Xperia-Z1 Android 4.4.X + 32GB microSD + Philips SHB9100