account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1 bluetooth and network problem after updating to 1.136

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Z1 bluetooth and network problem after updating to 1.136

Hi,

Last week I updated my phone via PC companion when it notified me a new system update was available. The update took me from Android 4.2.2 to 4.3, and the biuld number is now 14.2.A.1.136.

I use my phone with a SmartWatch 2 all the time, and a SBH20 bluetooth headset in my car. Before the update everything worked fine, but now I have issues with bluetooth connectivity. My SmartWatch 2 randomly disconnects and reconnects to the phone, and so does the headset. In the watch, specifically the Whatsapp notification app by LIS software stopped getting notifications most of the time, although every once in a while it does. The SBH20 also randomly disconnects and sometimes it takes minutes to reconnect by itself. I already unpaired and paired again both devices, even reset the SmartWatch, and the problem persists.

But the most recurrent issue is that the phone repeatedly notifies me to "Sign in to network"... and has problems connecting to the 4G and even to wi-fi networks, meaning that sometimes I don't get any data at all for who knows how long, because it happens randomly.

One thing that seems to me is that every time i lose my bluetooth connections it's because (or at the same time) of whatever happens that triggers the "Sign in to network" notification.

I was really happy of having purchased the whole package of phone, watch and headset, please help me with this.

Leonardo

17 REPLIES 17
Apprentice
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: Z1 bluetooth and network problem after updating to 1.136

Also, every once in a while, all bluetooth connections would be lost when opening Google Maps.

Thanks

Rookie
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

I have the same now. I have MBH10 headset and befor update it was working perfectly, but now it disconnect me all the time and i can't use it. I wrote post message as well on this support forum.

Talent
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Sony completely screwed up the bluetooth stack on 4.3/4.4... My z1 worked fine on 4.2.2 with my handsfree car audio system. I could get the phonebook and call lists and make and receive calls with no problems. When I upgraded to 4.3 - .136 and .290) nothing worked. It sort of works on kitkat (4.4.2) in that I can use the handsfree and see the call logs but cannot see the phonebook.... My z1 is in for repair at the moment after completely dying at the weekend and I am using an old samsung s3 at the moment. It's running 4.3 and guess what? It works perfectly with my car audio. Phonebook, call lists and handsfree all there.. SO ITS SONY THAT HAVE SCREWED UP THE BLUETOOTH STACK ON THEIR 4.3 AND 4.4 SOFTWARE. WHAT A BUNCH OF TOTAL MUPPETS. THEY HAVE HAD OVER 4 MONTHS TO SORT THIS OUT AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE? SWEET F ALL...
Apprentice
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

A friendly bump to see if anyone can help. I believe I have found the "Sign in to network" messages appear every time I go out of range of my stored wireless networks, but it sometimes happens at other times...

Rookie
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Another gentle bump...

Oh please fix this, it is driving me nuts. It connects then disconnects then will reconnect, after some prompting. Then a song and half later it will disconnect again. I really like this phone and have enjoyed it much better than the iBore, but the Bluetooth connectivity since the last two updates has been terrible!
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Sony, you need to help with this as Asics has given you a marketing gem. IBore. ... That's a keeper Slightly smiling Face
Rookie
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I also have problems with bluetooth and connectivity.

EE 4G(+) network in UK.

1. The phone constantly tells me it has access to networks but struggles to establish links to the correct url to validate that network and connect to internet.

2. The phone struggles to maintain basic phone (2/3G) connectivity when connected to a wireless network. (We still wanna make phone calls when at home.

3. The most annoying one for me, my car stereo (Seat Toledo 2013) is bluetooth matched. I play music through my phone by telling my car stereo 'Music > Play'. However when I stop the music and continue my journey the music stops fine, until I turn the engine off. At this point the 'Walkman' App (regardless of whether open or not) Turns itself on and plays music through the phone's own speaker at minimum volume so is barely audible and not obvious until you're somewhere quiet as more often than not the phone is locked. This uses a stupid amount of battery!!! This problem did not occur before the KitKat update.

Please fix!!!!!

Apprentice
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Really? No one can say anything about this? Come on, Sony, we need help.

In the meantime, new issues have arisen: bluetooth connection to SBH20 and SmartWatch is randomly reset, as I already said, but after bluetooth is restored, the headset can't reconnect automatically, I have to go into Settings>Bluetooth and tap the device for the phone to try connecting again. And now Wifi turns itself on without being in range of a stored network, thus senselessly draining battery.

Help.

Talent
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

This is the responses I go from Sony "Customer DON'T Care....." regarding bluetooth issues - 

"We can advise Sony Xperia do not test our products with other manufacturer’s devices and so we can not confirm the two devices are compatible.
As the handset has been updated this does indicate it is running different software which means the Bluetooth will have also been updated. Sadly, as Sony Xperia does not test our products with third party Bluetooth devices we will not have been able to foresee the change with your specific device.
We could only suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the device for any further assistance as there is nothing further we could advise.
We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
It is not that the software does not work it is the fact that we have updated the bluetooth drivers withing the update you have which no longer makes the bluetooth compatable with your car kit, if you ahve not contacted the car manufacturer already then I would suggest contacting them and seeing if there are any updates needed to the car kit."

Mmmmmm... so it seems that they DO NOT test any O/S upgrades against anything.....

It seems strange that both Samsung(S3 running 4.3)  and HTC M* (running 4.4.2) both work perfectly with my car audio system and the "developers" at Sony cant... either that or they just do not care... The smart money is on the latter... My z1 is THE WORST PHONE THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF OWNING....