account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

One time poster
Message 1151 of 1,156
Message 1151 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Since this update, my Z2 isn't working as good as before. Auto rotate doesn't function properly, phone over heats, no quick link to silence phone anymore, camera switches off on a whim and phone needs numerous restarts as it completely freezes on me. The question to you is, why was such a bad update allowed in the first place? Whoever made this choice should be sacked. I made the transition from iPhone to Sony and was really happy with the system until these updates. Might go back to Apple after this.

Very Disappointed
One time poster
Message 1152 of 1,156
Message 1152 of 1,156

My xperia is amazing I will hopefully never have to buy another kind of phone ever again but this new update is killing me! Just went to Vegas for the first time and the camera was not only saying not available half the time but also closing out, taking forever to load and my picture album and texting is also moving slower than ever. MMS messages are coming in pixilated and blurry and this all is crucial in my life because I document everything with my phone and until now have been able to do so without having someone look over my should for five minutes waiting on a photo to load or posing for a picture while I scramble to close out my camera app and reopening it to only find it still doesn't wanna function right. Please help I love the xperia and want to keep it in my life.

One time poster
Message 1153 of 1,156
Message 1153 of 1,156

Help! After the update everything is working fine except text messaging.  Every time I try to open text messaging I just get a blank white screen and then it crashes and says messaging has stopped working.

Visitor
Message 1154 of 1,156
Message 1154 of 1,156

Im trying to update my z1  but it only gets halfway in the update process, and then an error msg shoots up.  I just cant seem to get anywhere, tried everything possibile, but nothing.  Who can help please!!!

I have rebooted my laptop

I have uinistalled and reinstald sony pc companion

My laptop require all field for the update

But the same thing over and over and over.......

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Forum Legend
Message 1155 of 1,156
Message 1155 of 1,156

@Kayley6 Do you have Java installed and is it upto date?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 1156 of 1,156
Message 1156 of 1,156

I have yes!  and its still not working