account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Message 1041 of 1,156
Message 1041 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

I have updated to kitkat
The camera is much slow processing, more noisea, gets more time loading and the worst thing is almost everytime the camera reset or lags... How you dare to release a upgrade like that!!!??
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1042 of 1,156
Message 1042 of 1,156

z1 problems after kitkat upgrade

Hi, I m in need of reall urgent help. I have a Sony experia z1 it is probably one of the best phones around I love it, that is, until the kitkat upgrade, I have been having constant ram overloads and crashes on my mobile my friends brother who also owns a z1 is having the same problems. I am also experiencing a problem with my Walkman it is unable to play any songs, yes I tried rolling the Walkman app to factory default from the settings tab
Visitor
Message 1043 of 1,156
Message 1043 of 1,156

Since this update my xperia Z1 is no longer a viable phone option. This update has RUINED my ability to use the Xperia. The battery chews power lasting only several hours even with a battery saving application in play in the background. Here is an example. I finished a full charge (with system off) at 4.40 am last night. By 11 am (so 6 hours later with phone doing nothing whilst I slept and with updates turned off) – it was down to 3% battery. This truly truly **bleep**. Another issue is it refuses to default to a app I use for my dialler – every time I hit the dialler it asks me if I want to use the app – I hit “Always” use the DW app for the dialler and it continues to annoying ask again and again. Irrespective of my reply it refuses to default to the app! This is unacceptable – this phone was at time of purchase nearly 400£!!!!! FIX IT SONY IMMEDIATELY
Visitor
Message 1044 of 1,156
Message 1044 of 1,156

I agree with the comments above about the camera too.also just so Sony people are aware, when I am using the phone during the day I am lucky to get 3/4 hours usage. What are you thinking? I loved this phone until two upgrades ago but now it's sticky unresponsive and this last update has mauled the battery life. Sort it out else I won't buy another Sony product as long as I live (memory like an elephant and all of that Slightly smiling Face)
Adviser
Message 1045 of 1,156
Message 1045 of 1,156

Kit Kat 761 Build

God damnit Sony! Where is the update fix? It's taking too long! EVeryone hates all the bugs on the prevoius software build. Please release it as soon as possible! This is taking forever, I was thinking of replacing my Z1 because of the bugs and very bad Sony support!

Visitor
Message 1046 of 1,156
Message 1046 of 1,156

Since the latest update, my battery has been draining very quickly, despite all possible power savers being deployed.

The battery completely drained today and powered off. It has been on charge for several hours now and I am not able to power it back on at all. This is bad news.

Visitor
Message 1047 of 1,156
Message 1047 of 1,156

I am having the same issues and it's unacceptable. My battery drained completely today and now I can't even get it to power back on despite having been on charge for several hours. 

I am under contract on my phone and unfortunately I have another year to run. This cannot happen quick enough for me. 

I'll be going back to iphone. I must have had a moment of madness when I bought this Z1. 

Message 1048 of 1,156
Message 1048 of 1,156

Camera app freeze too!!
Learner
Message 1049 of 1,156
Message 1049 of 1,156

Camera is z1s best feature ! Really ? Are you kidding me ? My old HTC One V still clicks images lot faster without freezing with just 512 RAM ! yes just 512 RAM and z1 got 3GB RAM!

Please fix Camera freeze guys this is just not acceptable.

Peace.

Learner
Message 1050 of 1,156
Message 1050 of 1,156

2 GB..i got carried away :p