account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Highlighted
Talent
Message 901 of 1,156
Message 901 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Mr GeoffH who are you to calling almost 800 people that they claiming z1 takes super grainy and rough  images and don't know how to use camera do you really own z1 if you compare z1  pictures with Xperia arc and Xperia TX which I own Btw has superior results than z1 and z1 optics are almost same as qx10 made by sony camera team why sony called the glens award winning do some real research on the topic.then comment because you are no genius Mr GeoffH only because guys like you sony isn't fixing this super grainy and rough pictures producing software 

Only I have proven by showing and posting low light pictures how horrible they are and another post is gonna come soon comparison between Xperia TX vs z1

Highlighted
Regular
Message 902 of 1,156
Message 902 of 1,156

If I knew that the Z1 take's horrendous Pic's, I wouldn't never buy it. I saw my Pictures on my PC and the stuff is terrible, my old Note 2 destroy's my Z1 on camera software, HDR is a complete crap😡. My first and last Xperia SONY. Even Huawei G610 takes better pic's. My wife had Xperia Z and take's terrible picture's and I thought that the Z1 was a exception. 

Highlighted
Genius
Message 903 of 1,156
Message 903 of 1,156

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 904 of 1,156
Message 904 of 1,156

Ask anybody has Sony Xperia Z1??????

Sony Xperia Z1 20MP camera IS SO FUKEN GRAINY.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 905 of 1,156
Message 905 of 1,156

can anyone tell which firmware is the most stable for z1.... i've 4.2.2 and 4.3..... so which firmware version is the best for camera?? dont wanna this kitkat.... it was not tasty.. its feels like bitter for everyone... casuing new issues as days goes on...last time screen flickering issue..this time reboot.... 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 906 of 1,156
Message 906 of 1,156

Sorry GEOF but I have used lumia1020,Galaxy S4,LG G2,Note 3 AND USİNG SONY NEX also bunch of DSLR ...blabla and you are saying that Z1 has a great camera Slightly smiling Face mayc be yours has one but mine not-and also in macro mode the camera can catch the object that means 15-50cm after that impossible to focus. I am still on it Z1 claiming 20.7mp with bunch of exmor-bionz specs....can you guess what does iit mean; it means that this phone has capabilities of many cameras doesnt have........in real it is no better than a chineese 13mp camera phone that costs 10 times cheaper than Z1.

Tolga PERPEREK
T.R. MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
Talent
Message 907 of 1,156
Message 907 of 1,156

again GeoffH you can see closely even that time z1 produced grainy pictures in those reviews and tests this is bad from sony this superior hardware corrupt by horrible software 

Highlighted
Genius
Message 908 of 1,156
Message 908 of 1,156

something I discovered very early on using the Z and Z1 in low light was to make sure the flash was manually turned off unless the range of the shot was less than 6 ft, it seems to put the camera into a different profile, you could argue that you shouldn't need to do this and I would agree to a point, the camera should know that you are taking a distance shot and take the appropriate action but that again is subject to what is around in close proximity and the type of focus setting being used, you might want to give it a try

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 909 of 1,156
Message 909 of 1,156

the LENS says 20.7mp but infact by manuel settings in 20 .7mp usage the shots are terrible false focusing,graniy,loose of iso,camera shutter speed.................blabla but in usage 8mp it changes focusing comes more clear but not good enough for what they claim.......shortly if a camera says 20.7mp and it doesnt take clear and true focused real color shame in shots I do not think the fact is THE software-it is an engineering fault......and I am not kiding by saying interpolated-it really goes to the İNTERPOLATED AREA.

Tolga PERPEREK
T.R. MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 910 of 1,156
Message 910 of 1,156

@ GeoffH

I have DSLR cameras, NIKON D7000 and Canon EOS 7D. I totally know that Sony Xperia Z1 is just simply a camera phone, but it's supposed to be easy to use, easy but awesome pictures. Compare to other brands with a 13MP or 10 MP, Xperia Z1 s-ucks big time. WORST.

Just because you have a "tittle" > GENIUS on this forum, doesn't mean other Z1 owners don't know sh1t about the camera thingy.