account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Adviser
Message 811 of 1,156
Message 811 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

I am facing lags betwween homescreens and sometimes after call the screen freezes, by dark photos I came acrosss with green line under the picture in black areas.
Tolga PERPEREK
T.R. MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
Adviser
Message 812 of 1,156
Message 812 of 1,156

down the right bottom side you can easily see the green line by the photo and that is not common-something can not process by the dark....DSC_0339.JPG

Tolga PERPEREK
T.R. MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
One time poster
Message 813 of 1,156
Message 813 of 1,156

I have flickering icons,
Walkman app takes about 5seconds to shut down and remove the icon from the status bar,
no control of Bluetooth volume when using external Bluetooth speaker and it is set to max,
The ringtones stutter when ringing,
Home screen lag and app menu lag,
Message app crashes when I open a message from the notification panel,
Default photo of direct contact message shortcut on homescreen,
On rare occasions it disconnects from the network carrier, gets fixed by a restart,

These are the bugs that I experience most frequently
Talent
Message 814 of 1,156
Message 814 of 1,156

Re: FIX THE CAMERA SOFTWARE FOR GOD SAKE SONY!!!!!

camera performance  problems heating problems and battery drain problems 

problems problems everywhere 

Message 815 of 1,156
Message 815 of 1,156

Re: FIX THE CAMERA SOFTWARE FOR GOD SAKE SONY!!!!!

Fix this camera problem sony no more grainy and rough pictures 

Regular
Message 816 of 1,156
Message 816 of 1,156

Last update fix a lot of bug's, but something a little dumb on the Camera: it get's super slow when turning on and switching to front camera too. It's happens all the time, I just turn the Z1 Off and On restart is working fine, The problem appears like every 2 to 3 day's. PLEASE SONY FIX THIS HORRIBLE BUG AND THE BATTERY DRAIN TOO, I get pretty Shy in front of my friend's when the Camera Crashe's or get Super slow on working on. Please SONY HELP US😭😥😰😓😩😫

Rookie
Message 817 of 1,156
Message 817 of 1,156

Another annoying issue: contact images

Another annoying issue after the KitKat update.

A number of contacts have photos set. Contacts app is fine but the messaging and calls apps no longer display the images. What gives? Worked perfectly on the previous firmware.

Any ideas?

Emperor
Message 818 of 1,156
Message 818 of 1,156

Re: Another annoying issue: contact images

Sync your contacts again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 819 of 1,156
Message 819 of 1,156

Hi

I upgrade to kitkat. and I didn't get most of your problems. Only problems is camera is over heating. and my free ram get 650MB low. and when loud speaker use Walkman app settings(i think) because loud speaker volume is little low. other than that I didn't get any other issue. phone is work fine. and people say bluetooth problem, or camera not working or phone battery drain so fast. for me I used my phone before upgrade 2days or 1 day and 18 hours. But I check the battery drain is not much drian that much . now I can use 1 day and 15hours. just a little different.  but as people say battery drain so fast I can't believe it. but I think sony can fix that problem with new update. and I request sony to make ram free. so phone get more fast. from 2GB ram I can use only 800mb or 650MB now. and I saw camera quality little less than jelly bean. i mean colour is ok. but detail side is little detail loss. please fix that. Please Rickard contact me.

Highlighted
Message 820 of 1,156
Message 820 of 1,156

SONY ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS OR NOT

Almost All z1 owners suffering from this problem battery drain quick heating and most important low light pictures producing grainy and rough so will you fix this issue I am reading every article about z2 and who owns z2 says the image in low light are much better processed on z2 so why can't you fix z1