account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Visitor
Message 201 of 1,156
Message 201 of 1,156

Re: battery drain

we need to bring this problem to SONY and wait for a fix as soon as possible!

Enthusiast
Message 202 of 1,156
Message 202 of 1,156

Re: battery drain

I am seriously afraid to do this update, because it just arrived here. Maybe I should not update at all. These problems sound really terrible. Worse performance generally? Apps not being able to store data on SD? These are CRITICAL issues, it's not even funny. And we have a couple of 'Sony guys' here that just suggest the same thing over and over again. If you look at their previous posts you will literally see 'use the SUS software to repair your phone' on EVERY single problem thread here. As if that thing can fix the hundreds of problems that Z1 users face with each new update. This is bs.

I really hope I manage to get my money back. Already filed a complaint to a customer's protection organization.

Apprentice
Message 203 of 1,156
Message 203 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues

Have you guys seen the Blank thumbnail in the task window. This is very much a bug in the 4.3 update. Looks like 4.4(KK) also has the

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 204 of 1,156
Message 204 of 1,156

Ringtone volume issue on Xperia z1?

Hey,

After updating my phone with kitkat I started facing issues with my ringtone volume very less. I started re-creating the issue and found that issue to be from the Answering machine. If you disable it, ringtone comes normal. If not, it goes to the phone internal speaker(which we use to hear when we speak on the phone).

I guess the only temp fix we have now is to disable the answering machine feature in the phone

Thanks,

Regards,

Narendran K

Enthusiast
Message 205 of 1,156
Message 205 of 1,156

Re: Ringtone volume issue on Xperia z1?

Another fix is to never, ever buy Sony again and try to sell your Z1 or get your money back.

Enthusiast
Message 206 of 1,156
Message 206 of 1,156

Re: #sonykitkatbug

You can't force them to do anything. The only thing you can do is not buy them and tell your friends the same.

One time poster
Message 207 of 1,156
Message 207 of 1,156

sony you **bleep**t!!!!!!

sooooonnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy fix it sooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

hurry

One time poster
Message 208 of 1,156
Message 208 of 1,156

Re: Z1/Z1s 4.4.2 update issues Exchange Sync

Dear Sony

I have a real big problem with Exchange Active Sync. I allready ask the IT Admin of Exchange if the changed anything of the settings, but the don't. Now i can only activate Exchange Active Sync with a Password on my phone (Xperia Z1). All i needed in Version 4.3 (JB) was a PIN Code. I want it back now............

Talent
Message 209 of 1,156
Message 209 of 1,156

Hi guys, in respond to the problems kitkat has this is what Sony had to say, I removed the steps in which they say how to update but i'm sure we all no it by now.

Support1.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 210 of 1,156
Message 210 of 1,156

Has anyone noticed low ram memory after 4.4 update? I have approx 350-500mb of avalible ram after 1-2 days of usage and i don´t even have alot of apps on my phone and 900mb after i restart my phone but quickly drops after 1 or 2 days to that low level i mentioned earlier. I don´t know if it´s a bug inte the software itself or anything else.