account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z1 Heating+Serious Battery Drain+Back Panel loose

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Z1 Heating+Serious Battery Drain+Back Panel loose

Since 5.0.2 my z1 is heating up really quick and I can feel the extreme temperature when im holding it. Recently I upgraded to 5.1.1. Superb Fast performance but battery still drain like crazy. Tried PCC repair, Reset nothing helped.

So i think it's the battery start aging.

Guess what...part of my back panel pop out (loosen) just now and it must be the high temperature of my phone melted the glue. 
May i know what should i do now?
Thinking of sending it to sony service centre for battery replacement without warranty. Anyone knows how much does it cost?

Overall Im happy with this phone. Used for almost 2 years without any problem until now.

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z1 Heating+Serious Battery Drain+Back Panel loose

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z1 Heating+Serious Battery Drain+Back Panel loose

Im started to worry cz part the touch screen(middle part near push button) start to loosen as well....Worried FaceCrying Face