account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z Ultra Magnetic Dock

Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z Ultra Magnetic Dock

I just purchased this dock and it seems to be working without using my phones protective case. But using the other fit together with the protective case it doesn't work. I should return this probably a problem with the fit?
9 REPLIES 9
Adviser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z Ultra Magnetic Dock

Guess what. I consulted with sony world from where i purchased my magnetic dock and protective case. And they said the dock wouldn't fit in having the protective case because this case is not compatible with the adapter. They are selling only one type of protective case.

Now this defeats the purpose of e second adapter that clearly writes in the guide that the magnetic dock will work with or without protective case.
Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

And they cannot refund my money for purchasing the magnetic dock in which i just purchased yesterday. They say it's their policy.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Included accessories can differ from market to market. Was there any case included with your Xperia Z Ultra?

It would be great if you could upload some pictures so I can investigate this.

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Attached are photos for the protective case only in which it doesn't gain contact with the magnetic port.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2cc56o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2n1gp35.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/ehhsld.jpg[/IMG]

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Thanks! Was this protective case included or bundled with your Xperia Z Ultra? Or did you buy it separately?

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

This was purchased separately. From sony world retailer here.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Ok. Just to clarify, the magnetic dock has two different spacers. Have you tried both of these and it still wont fit?

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

The two spacers fit correspondingly with and without the case. Without the case it is working perfectly. But with the case it fits good but the magnet wouldn't sense the device
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Wait for some time and 3rd party magnetic cabels will be available that will fit irrespective of back cover on or not.