account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your first impressions about Xperia neo

Anonymous
N/A
Message 91 of 100
Message 91 of 100

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia neo

I have my Xperia Neo for 5 days and am going to return it tomorrow and get my money back (about 380€).

The phone is nice, system is stable and everything is fine EXCEPT the CAMERA. Its compression is so heavy that it produces in the maximum 8Mpix resolution stills only of around 1MB size! and there's no way to get this poor quality setting changed.

Sorry SE, I really loved Neo, but I've never seen any other phone with such a good camera and such a poor output in the files.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 92 of 100
Message 92 of 100

I wonder if using alternative camera apps, like camera360, would affect the compression level. If you still have the phone, can you try it out?

Anonymous
N/A
Message 93 of 100
Message 93 of 100

I tried before i returned it yesterday. Other apps are simply using the generic camera compressed output, so no way to simply change the camera app and get better results.

some of them i tried produced a larger images but you could clearly see that is only been upscalled (still using the initial heavy compression).

dont know that kinda phone am going to buy now... i'll may buy some really cheap phone for calls/sms and an addtional camera for images/video.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 94 of 100
Message 94 of 100

camera is not that interesting as they adverttized. Pictures are not so great.

pictures are not worth at all and they don't look like I am taking pictures from a 300 punds worth device.

Music quality is also no that great. My w810 is far better with mega bass.

I am using mw600 now with neo which is better.

Cheap head phones. I don't think they worth even 2 to 3 punds.

Even indian local brands like karbonn , micromax etc.. gives better headphones in terms of music quality.

Finally cheap plastic. I baught 2000 rupees samsung mobile which is having better body than xperia neo plastic back body.

No carry case. I have been literally seaching ebay and all sites for a proper carry case. Till now i din't get one. No store is having appropriate case for the great human curvature design.

If I buy neo from other country I am more worring about updates and support in India than enjoying with the phone. What happens if it gets any problem??

Finally no sony ericsson support personal helps with clear cut answers. They even don't know about their product. Not even SE showroom guys. They are dumb characters.

Supid service , support. No proper updatges.

Best example is update of xperia neo to 2.3.4 from other countries like india. No support person had clearly explained whether customer to wait for 2.3.4 update or it will not availabe or provide any alternate approach.

XDA is atleast provided some stesps and those are circulated in sonyericssion official blog. Why can't they come up with a blog with proper explanation and people will follow them.

The only reason i go with SE is the music quality of phone is some what better than any othe mobile and I don't need to carry mulitple devices like ipod.

But lot of dissapointment with neo , with the company, with the service and with the response of user queries.

If I find "customer first" slogan in any of their sites the I would be the first person to through stones. They don't know how to respect customers and their valuble money.

One time poster
Message 95 of 100
Message 95 of 100

I bought the Neo here in Brazil and I'm using it for two weeks now...

Pros: nice screen size, fast, battery is lasting more than I expected.

Cons: internal memory, a little bit plasticky, photo quality (too grainy), already has two little scratches on screen.

I've just upgraded to Android 2.3.4 and I feel that the phone is slower when switching between apps...

Anonymous
N/A
Message 96 of 100
Message 96 of 100

If i was to use one word to describe the phone it would be TERRIBLE

I moved to SE from the iPhone as i thought I would give another manufacturer a try, what a mistake that was. I seem to be asking SE on a daily basis for fixes and the responses are laughable. One such response to trying to get the battery to last more than 12 hours was to turn off applications until you need them, so if i quickly want to use a certain app, i have to go into settings and wait for it to start before doing the task, only to shut it all down again.

SE should have also supplied at least 4 chargers, as the thing is never off charge. And as for that stupid LED light on the side, why can't that be disabled as it shines like a lighthouse when charging during the night so now has to be hidden under a slipper just so I can get some sleep.

And the camera is just terrible, it's supposed to be all singing but the pictures have too much noise to use anywhere else. One reason I bought the phone was for the camera as the sales person basically lied about great it was. I now no longer use it and carry a pocket camera instead.

And as for the keyboard function when texting, why would you put the ( ' ) on a second screen which interrupts the flow of writing a text or email. It doesn't even give you the word option including it so you still have to change keyboards.

The support software has also been an issue as it continually tells me the server is overloaded so unable to update.

I will say the screen is bright and clear but it is by no means a class winner and the phone sits comfortably in the hand, but that is all I can say, the cons are so  many to list. I still don't want to be a sheep and go back to the iPhone so will try another manufacturer but this will be my very last SE phone.

SE, the not so smart smartphone sad

One time poster
Message 97 of 100
Message 97 of 100

Fairly good hardware - 8M pixel camera and bright screen. The processor GPU is too slow so 30fps movies appear jerky. A TI processor runs the same movies perfectly at 800MHz where the Qualcomm fails at 1GHz.

But even the good hardware is ruined by bad software. The camera images are over sharpened and over compressed so the 8M pixel Exor sensor is wasted. Auto brightness makes the nice bright screen flicker at reduced brightness levels and auto brightness cannot be disabled. Unwanted apps (e.g. Let's Golf) are system loaded and cannot be removed. Can't you restrain your software designers?

Anonymous
N/A
Message 98 of 100
Message 98 of 100

Traducción con google translate al final/Translate google translation at the end

He adquirido recientemente el modelo Xperia Neo V. En principio estoy contento con el teléfono, pero hay algunos detalles que SE debería considerar para sus próximas actualizaciones de software.

- No hay sugerencias de contactos al marcar un teléfono con el teclado de teléfono.

- La sincronización de outlook a través de Gmail me parece lamentable y poco profesional:
A través de Gmail no se puede sincronizar toda la información de outlook, como las notas y las tareas. Además faltan datos de los contactos como los cumpleaños y aniversarios.

No entiendo cómo es posible que la sincronización tenga que hacerse de esta manera tan pobre, cuando podía sincronizar en el pasado mi primer SE K610i sin problemas y con todos los datos. En lugar de avanzar se ha retrocedido.

Pienso que sincronizar a través de Gmail es una invasión a la privacidad de los usuarios. Además tengan en cuenta que otras marcas (como samsung o HTC) pueden sincronizar correctamente a través del cable USB sin necesidad de poner datos en internet.

Lamento decirles que mientras no se pueda sincronizar todos los datos a través de USB no recomendaré SE.

Gracias.

---------------
Translation with Google Translate

I recently purchased the model Xperia Neo V. In principle I am happy with the phone, but there are some details that should be considered for your next software updates.

- There is no suggestion of contacts when dialing a phone with the phone keypad.

- Synchronizing Outlook with Gmail I find it unfortunate and unprofessional:
Through Gmail will not sync all Outlook information, such as notes and tasks. Also missing contact data such as birthdays and anniversaries.

No tasks and notes in the phone's software. I had to download applications from the Market.

I do not understand how it is possible that the timing has to be done this way so poor, when in the past could synchronize my first SE K610i without problems and all the data. Instead of moving has receded.

I think sync with Gmail is an invasion of privacy of users. Also note that other brands (like Samsung or HTC) can be synchronized correctly through the USB cable without having to put data on the Internet.

I regret to say that while not all data can be synchronized via USB not recommend SE.

Thank you.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 99 of 100
Message 99 of 100

- What's one word you'd use to describe this device?

Features

- Have you read any reviews about this phone, please share the link if you have

Yes various different ones, not everything they say is true :smileywink:

- What phones (from other manufacturers) do you think are the most similar in features?

None if I am honest, but all of the Sony Ericsson 2011 phones are very similar featurer wise (e.g processor, camera)

- What do you feel is the feature of this phone that makes it unique amongst our competition.

Definately the front camera and shape.

- What is one thing you feel is missing, or you wished to be available?

A casing that would be more robust and less compression with the camera, but apart from that very happy, especially with battery life compared to my old X8 smile happy

One time poster
Message 100 of 100
Message 100 of 100

how can i download apps by HTC or LG?

sip telephone service