account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Your first impressions about Xperia arc

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 141 of 153
Message 141 of 153

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia arc

If you go out of your way to manage the battery, you can certainly improve the life

1) Turn off the power draining things when you don't need them, GPS, Wi-Fi, Auto-Sync etc

2) Realise that if you're in poor reception areas this drains the battery too trying to search for networks (turn off via Airplane Mode if you don't need to receive calls or text messages)

3) Keep screen brightness as low as is comfortable

Emperor
Message 142 of 153
Message 142 of 153

quick settings app

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bwx.bequick&feature=search_result

its one of the best apps to save battery

you can control brightness, gps, bluetooth, wifi, ringer, volume, and even turn on/off mobile data (3G)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 143 of 153
Message 143 of 153

I'm very happy with the features / style of the phone.

Unfortunately it reboots frequently when bumped.

To summarise - very promising phone let down by a basic flaw / quality control issue.

My phone is currently with the service centre so I hope to get a working unit back to actually appreciate what the phone can do.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 144 of 153
Message 144 of 153

Having moved from Nokia I had great expectations. The screen was unresponsive and received a replacement from Vodafone whose service was brilliant. The replacement Arc is fantastic,looks good, feels good and works like a dream without any problems. Even the battery life is good circa two days.

One time poster
Message 145 of 153
Message 145 of 153

Good evening, and excuse muìy English, please.

Coming from SE P990i and Samsung Galaxy S, I was wery disappointed for:

1) No more Megabass: wher's the great SE experience with Walkman?

2) No zoom in 6 and 8 Mpixels: it's incredible! What have I to do with a zoom in a so low resolution power? What's the matter to put in zoom in 8 Mpx photo?

3) No vibracall power/trimer: the default power of vibration in very poor!

4) No "select all" in the choise of mail to delete (but is there "de-select")!; and it's very ridicolous in the basket, where I must select all mail step by step! It's an enormous time espensive! Why not to empty all the basket in a time?

5) No possibiliy to organize the contacts by name, surname or numbers: ONLY by name, at all! It's crazy!

6) No PC-connect without simultaneus battery charging: you must charge obligatory!

7) No direct PC-Sync; only by means of a Google account: the device syns with Google, and PC syncs with Gooogle; no possible to sync device whith PC directly!

I think that's a goot device to play or for social network, not for work or multiple using application out of the web.

regards for your opinions

Emperor
Message 146 of 153
Message 146 of 153

1) it doesn't have a megabass but the sound quality it's not that bad (specially if you compare it with the X10)

2 3) I agree this is bad

4) you can use other apps and/or the browser and at the bottom press Desktop

5) you can download third party apps to do just that check the market market.android.com

6) I don't understand this part, as I recall all phones as soon as you connect them to a computer they will start charging

7) yes you can if you use my phone explorer

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 147 of 153
Message 147 of 153

In response to uliwooly:

thanks for your "phone explorer": I'll test it as soons as possible.

The problem (for me) about third part app., is to avoid "to full" the device of apps that you don't know as they works!

I.E., how can I find an app that lets me to FIND a contact by NUMBER?

And, in any case, I did'nt find an equalizer useful also for "radio": radio-sound (terrible, metallic sound, also with good earphone!) is NOT sensible to several equalizer that I taked on. In fact, the radio haven't an its default-link with equalizer; so that all the apps I tryed work on "Music", but not on "Radio".

Why don't you like to work about problem? If "phone explorer" is so good as it seems, why don't try yourself in a fantastic, explosive equalizer, that let us to listen music so powerfull and exiting as in a Walkman?

Ah ah, excuse me, I love fanny jokes!

Bye!

Emperor
Message 148 of 153
Message 148 of 153

but apps is one of the main points of a smartphone, apps won't take a lot of space from your phone and for the most part can be moved to the SD card. Like I said, I haven't seen any smartphone that has a loud speaker like the ones found on the walkman series

One time poster
Message 149 of 153
Message 149 of 153

In response to Uliwooly

After spending a whole sunday morning in tests, I think that truely you are right!

Many Arc's User cry for low quality of music on device: but the matter is in the earphone, not in the device!

Having in use the default earphone, I realized it was low quality: so, I bought a wonderfull Bose MIE2: "device not compatible" (what a hurt!).

Then, I bought a SE MH710, that are explained (on SE web page) as HiFi earphone, specific for Arc. Instead, also this is a really MODEST handsfree, good only for telephone speacking, but NOT FOR MUSIC LISTENING!

So that, my tests with common eadphones (that don't have the call-responding option!) show me that the sound quality of device is really good, and so sound power! There is no necessity of another equalizer! ONLY OF A GOOD, COMPATIBLE EARPHONES!

The researce will go on!

Thanks for your kindness.

Bye

Emperor
Message 150 of 153
Message 150 of 153

Slightly smiling Face