account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z3 compact Losing mobile data connection

Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 109
Message 31 of 109

Re: Xperia z3 compact Losing mobile data connection

Thanks!

I added a couple of questions to my post.

Would you usually be connected to LTE in the area where the issue happens, or WCDMA/HSDPA (shown as H in UI)?

If you check the default APN (chosen by bullet), what is written underneath “APN protocol” e.g. IPv4/IPv6?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 32 of 109
Message 32 of 109

1. Do you still see the icon for mobile data (H, H+, LTE)? If so, which one? yes. H+

2. Does the phone still show that it has network reception (do you see reception bars or a red cross next to the battery icon)? Yes. Full Signal

3. If you go to Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, do you still see your APN there? Yes

4. Which operator are you using? Three UK

5. Does your SIM/subscription support LTE? Yes
6. Which preferred network mode have you set (Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode)? WCDMA Only
7. If you tap your APN under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, what's the APN, APN-type (e.g. default,supl,a-gps) and APN protocol (e.g.IPv4/IPv6) set to? 3. default, supl,mms,a-gps. IPv4

8. Would you usually be connected to LTE in the area where the issue happens, or WCDMA/HSDPA (shown as H in UI)? WCDMA

Apprentice
Message 33 of 109
Message 33 of 109

8.Normally 3 Hspda but has happened in strong Lte areas.
9.IPV4

Will these be to do with the weak signal in general and it losing signal where other phones don't or just to do with the data connection?
Inhabitant
Message 34 of 109
Message 34 of 109

1. Do you still see the icon for mobile data (H, H+, LTE)? If so, which one? No - none.

2. Does the phone still show that it has network reception (do you see reception bars or a red cross next to the battery icon)? Yes - Reception Bars. Still receives and makes calls and texts.

3. If you go to Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, do you still see your APN there? Yes

4. Which operator are you using? Three

6. Which preferred network mode have you set (Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode)? 4G (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM
7. If you tap your APN under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, what's the APN, APN-type (e.g. default,supl,a-gps) and APN protocol (e.g.IPv4/IPv6) set to? APN - three.co.uk, APN-type is default,supl,mms,a-gps, APN protocol is IPv4

8. Would you usually be connected to LTE in the area where the issue happens, or WCDMA/HSDPA (shown as H in UI)? Usually WCDMA/HSPDA

Message 35 of 109
Message 35 of 109

Was there any progress with this? I'm praying lollypop comes soon and sorts it out!
Inhabitant
Message 36 of 109
Message 36 of 109

Yes, I'm hoping for a resolution soon (and news of Lollipop update would be good since "The Beginning of 2015" doesn't really cut it) as my phone has been fine for a week and then I went to Sheffield yesterday and had to restart twice because the Mobile Data had dropped out again...

One time poster
Message 37 of 109
Message 37 of 109

Hi, I have the same problem on 3UK when commuting on train/bus from surrey to London. The only solution when data drops is to restart the phone.

1.  No i have bars of signal but no icon with the letters (H, H+, LTE...)

2. Yes it shows 3 or 4 grey/white bars but no letter icon

3. yes APN is 3 three.co.uk

4. I'm on three uk unlimited with 4g

5. Yes unlimited 4g/LTE data

6.Network mode: LTE (prefered)/WCDMA/GSM  although i've tried others before

7.  APN is 3 (three.co.uk)  APN typr: default,supl,mms,a-gps   APN protocol: IPv4

8. LTE is switched on an in use when I get LTE signal( for most of the journey) but some areas of H+ and some where i get no signal or data roaming shown (Signal cuts out or shows roaming as I pass Worplesdon(In Surrey) station on the train. This appears to be related to the problem but doesn't always cause it and it is sometimes caused at other times)

Apprentice
Message 38 of 109
Message 38 of 109

Hi, just had this issue happen to me this morning. Had to restart to connect to mobile data.

1. Do you still see the icon for mobile data (H, H+, LTE)? If so, which one? No mobile data icon

2. Does the phone still show that it has network reception (do you see reception bars or a red cross next to the battery icon)? Yes nearly full reception

4. Which operator are you using? O2 UK

6. Which preferred network mode have you set (Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode)? 4G/3G (tried changing them, but data did not connect)
7. If you tap your APN under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, what's the APN, APN-type (e.g. default,supl,a-gps) and APN protocol (e.g.IPv4/IPv6) set to? mobile.o2.co.uk , default,supl , IPv4

8. Would you usually be connected to LTE in the area where the issue happens, or WCDMA/HSDPA (shown as H in UI)? Was connected to LTE

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 39 of 109
Message 39 of 109

Rickard - any news on this please?

Apprentice
Message 40 of 109
Message 40 of 109

1. Do you still see the icon for mobile data (H, H+, LTE)? If so, which one? No mobile data icon

2. Does the phone still show that it has network reception (do you see reception bars or a red cross next to the battery icon)? Yes

4. Which operator are you using? Vodafone NL

6. Which preferred network mode have you set (Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode)? LTE/WCDMA/GSM
7. If you tap your APN under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, what's the APN, APN-type (e.g. default,supl,a-gps) and APN protocol (e.g.IPv4/IPv6) set to?  live.vodafone.com, mms,default,supl , IPv4

8. Would you usually be connected to LTE in the area where the issue happens, or WCDMA/HSDPA (shown as H in UI)? LTE, but happens on H+, H, 3G and G too