account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia with Facebook issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Xperia with Facebook issues

Received my Z3 and am very happy with it for the main part.

There are a couple of issues that are bugging me however: most of which I think can be traced to my Xperia with Facebook not appearing to be working properly.

My contacts have synced from Facebook and every image is hideously blurry on the contacts section of the Phonebook. On my Xperia Z I was able to use "Xperia with Facebook" to pull hi res versions across but I haven't had that option appear on this.

No birthdays have synced to my calendar even though the option is checked in settings. I used to be able to see birthdays & relationship statuses linked to individual contacts in my Phonebook too but not on the Z3.

I get no contact Image when I make or receive a call: just the blue background with grey silhouette.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and gone over Facebook settings half a dozen times. I've also factory reset the phone to see if the order I add accounts to the phone makes a difference.

I'm getting seriously frustrated that Xperia with Facebook doesn't seem to be working properly on this phone as the screen is lovely and those hi res contact pictures would look lovely.

What I did notice was that, on the Z, it would list Facebook and Xperia with Facebook tabs on the contacts page. Now there is only Facebook.

Can anybody help, please?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Low-res photos in Contacts

Or is it just me? The photos in the Contacts app are blurry, almost unrecognizable. I synced with Facebook. It works fine with my Z1. When I checked the sync items in Xperia with Facebook, Contacts is missing. Only Calendar is synced with the phone. How do I get high resolution photos from Facebook?
Emperor
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Re: Low-res photos in Contacts

That doesn't seem to be possible, that seems to be a FB restriction. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

It works on my Z and Z1. Maybe it's because Contacts sync is missing from Xperia with Facebook. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

I have linked phone contacts and Fbook contacts but no image is shown when I call them or I am called.

Same problem with the low res photos and no proper sync with Fbook calendar either

Talent
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Re: Xperia with Facebook issues

So what would be the solution, I have this problem and still not fixed since Oct ( first post)!!!!
Come on Sony, we bought a premium and expensive phones, at least treat us with respect and dont fool us. Answer our issues and solve them!!!!!!
Talent
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

By the way, when I try to activate Xperia with Facebook i keep getting the warning message that "There can only be one account"
What does this mean? I have only one account and I am syncing more than one account which is normal
Learner
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I also have this problem, it seems like FB is working, but the FB with xperia isnn't connecting.
Did someone find a solution for this problem?

Learner
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

I don't get it, only a handful off people have this problem?
I guess I need to contact support tomorrow and try to find a solution, this is frustrating.

It doesn't syns my contact or calandar...

never had any problems with my xperia SP, now i buy a flagship phone and i have problems with it...

I would like to hear from people who don't face this problem

Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Try using the new google calendar instead of the Sony one.Did you try installing contacts from your Google account .I did it that way and so did my daughter on her Z3 compact.She uses FB with xperia with no problems.All contact photo's display when calling or receiving calls