account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia sp losing signal

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia sp losing signal

My xperia sp loses signal then can't regain until the phone is switched on and off
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia sp losing signal

it might be an app acting up or it could a faulty SIM card 

repair your phone with SUS or PCC

if that doesn't work  

get a brand new SIM card, even if your current SIM card works

also check with your carrier/network if there are any coverage issues

Don't forget to give Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I tried to shift to only cdma does that help
Highlighted
EP
Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

It happened with my phone quite often. Called my provider's tech support few times with no results. They advised me o stop by a store and get a new SIM and reset the phone. I got to the store and a very young guy fixed it in seconds.

The default point of access to the mobile network is Sony GPRS (which obviously **bleep**) . The guy changed it to my provider's LTE  and no problem since then. 

Besides losing signal, I had problems with streaming videos. Now is very fast ..  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Can you please list the steps he used

Highlighted
EP
Visitor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Settings > More... (under Data usage) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names  > here select... "your provider" LTE

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

your losing signal cause you automatic selection of mobile network maybe set to prefered network is 4G(LTE) not 3G(HSPDA) try to select the correct connection so you will not lose signal. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Used this forum and have since taken the phone out of 4G network and gone back to previous. Will report if successful asap.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@yamahaBulldog wrote:
Used this forum and have since taken the phone out of 4G network and gone back to previous. Will report if successful asap.

For you to gain back signal please try this method.....

1. Select the 3.75G or WDMCA mode on your phone and kindly turn your data on along with turning your 4G[LTE] off

2. After that do remember to wait for a signal to be established or you can try to make a phone call, if that works, it will mean that you are in its coverage area and if does not then there is a high chance that you may not be in its coverage area...

3. Do remeber to turn back to 4G if you want a faster surfing speed

Gimme A Kudos If I Have Answered Your Queries

CarbonoAtom Slightly smiling Face