account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia s not reading sim

Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Xperia s not reading sim

My xperia s is not reading sim of vodafone and shows "emergency calls only". 

But it do read my airtel sim and works fine with it.

I don't know what has happened as my phone is unlocked so i must work with any sim card.

18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Xperia s not reading sim

Get a brand new airtel sim card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

The problem is not with airtel but with vodafone sim.I have already purchased a new vodafone sim .It works fine with other handset but in xperia s it shows no signal.

Emperor
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Is your phone compatible with that particular carrier/network? it doesn't detect the SIM card at all?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

yes it doesnt detect the sim at all. I bought both vodafone connection and xperia s from india.So it should be compatible with it.

Emperor
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

is the Vodafone's SIM card an original MICRO SIM card or is it a regular SIM card that you trimmed?

Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

It is a original micro sim card

Emperor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

You could repair your phone with SUS or PCC but it might not work, you might have to take it to a Sony repair center, this is quite odd, I wonder if the SIM cards are the same thickness

Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I have already done repair using sus but in vain.              

Thickness might not be the issue because if it is that thick won't have fit in that slot.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

I meant it as if it was thinner than the other SIM card