account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia privilege , free movies not opening

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Xperia privilege , free movies not opening

In this case I would have to agree with you that it is the card and not the content that is the problem. This is often the case and hopefully the problem is fixed for you now.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Yes, in this case I think it is sd card quality.
I do think it should be double checked though. There are instances of good cards being destroyed.
Possibly voltage spikes?! Worth clearing up though.
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

This forum/thread has guys putting oscilloscopes on their xperias and finding dangerous (read that as fatal to sd cards) voltage spikes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2341125&page=6

hx
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

you need to be connected to the Internet, don't know why.
Apprentice
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Germany, Z1 arrived on Dec. 27, 2013, Elysium offer available in Xperia Privilege. All steps absolved, as described in order to obtain the film. Content however, cannot be enabled. The first downlowad is only a html text file containing among others the http:// address where the actual film can be downloaded. Done this too, although none of the steps in the instructions mentioned anything about it. No film app, including the stock one and Video Unlimited from Sony is able to locate the content. When I tried to open it on a PC-App released by Sony for managing PS Software on a PC, that one could identify the content but failed to play it, citing lacking rights to said content. Can anyone please help with this one! Not that I cannot see this one movie otherwise but it's mightily annoying to be handed a gift you cannot open.

Regular
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

The .xpd file video can only be opened by using the app called Privelege Movies. Use that app and login and download and play the movie through that app only. It cannot be played using other video players.
Apprentice
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

thanks for your reply. However, this doesn't solve the problem since:

1. There is no "Privilege Movies" app available in our time-zone. The only Privilege App was preinstalled on the phone and the same one containing the instruction steps on how to access the content. Steps which proved impossible to follow.

2. .xpd is a format normally used by Sony for content dedicated to the PS. In fact, it is only a text file which is not even encrypted so one can freely open it with any html or text editor and view it. The only problem is, it seems to somehow contain DRM information essential to opening the actual film (which is another file than the .xpd file).

3. Within the instruction steps provided by the Privilege App titself, Sony teaches the user to search for the downloaded content with the stock "Movies" app, in My Collection.

So, thanking you once again for your time, I'm afraid the answer doesn't bring me any closer to my stated purpose. Hopefully, someone @Sony will find it in their hearts to check this and reply themselves.

One time poster
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

i recently purchaasedt he Z2 really pleased with it,found out it comes with a bonus 6 movies sighed into xperia lounge used code ,films appear in my media when you go to download them you get an xpd file in your downloads and the nothing else its not showing in Videos unlimited and not opening anywhere else,its a total shambles

why is there not just an simple download and thats it ,they really have made a mess of this and i am good with my mobiles and i cant work this one out