account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia mini/pro price and battery.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Xperia mini/pro price and battery.

thanks for the update...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Is there a portable Power Kit compatible with Xperia Mini ST15i? Or at least something that enhance battery life?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

I totally agree with the battery drain thing. Similar to user sl_mini, I had everything off except for Bravia and brightness tuned to middle level. I was not even surfing the internet. It's strange that most printed and online reviews mentioned there is no problem with the battery usage.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Update:

I take back what I had to say about the supplied charger. It seems like I was using a 3rd party USB cable, and switching to the supplied cable worked magic (depite it being so short I have to charge my phone on the floor (gasp!) because the wall socket is ground level & the cable does not even reach up to the desk!) I am now able to charge the phone to 100% from 10% in about 75 mins. Never had thought a USB cable can make such a difference.

Also, battery life is a little better now. You really need about 15 FULL charge cycles to get it up to capacity. Plus some widgets are more power consuming waking the phone up (despite the screen being off & you knowing - check battery meter) more often to transfer 3G data which is power consuming. I can now get about 4.5 hours of non-stop use from my battery and can scrape through a 12 hour day without using the spare battery. That said, I cannot use the phone as much as I would like, with battery life being on the back of my mind all the time.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Also, the WiFi Hotspot issue seems to be a software bug:

The phone charges perfectly if I start WiFi Hotspot at a battery level below 100%. But once it charges to 100%, charging stops and uses battery power ONLY for a indefinite amount of time. Even if the battery drains to 70% or below! No trickle charge like when WiFi Hotspot is OFF.

Something for SE to sort out?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Your comments regarding the the excessive heat may also be the source of my problem as I've had my xperia e10i for approx 3 months and recently the voice reproduction has become cross between a gargle and fuzzy, even with a strong 4 bar signal. The incoming voice quality is getting so bad I,m unable to understand the conversation. Has anyone got any suggestions?

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

i think this mobile is permanently discontinued, i bought it in sony xperia mini in 12000 inr, battery works good...

Emperor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

there are multiple brands that offer this, I have a solar panel battery charger, so you can charge this by two means 1) solar panel 2) wall charger and take it with you it has 2500mAh it's not a lot, but if you are going to be camping it's useful, there are different sizes and mAh

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Price of Xperia Mini is 145 EUR here (Czech republic).

But DO NOT BUY this phone, because stupid overheating bug. I was driving today with this phone, and it made me almost crazy. Back button started to quiting navigation again and again. I am surprised, that I didn't throw this stupid phone through the window.

Congratulation Sony, great work, really great work...