account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia c4 freezes and crashes while try to watch videos.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Xperia c4 freezes and crashes while try to watch videos.

Hello, as the title says 3 day old xperia c4 crashes 4 times already. Two times on while openning whats app video, one time on openning video via camera application and one time on openning video on album. They all different videos.

Steps to crash always same, first i try to open media, screen freezes. After that screen goes completely complicated colors then death of Os and machine restarts.

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Xperia c4 freezes and crashes while try to watch videos.

Boot on safe mode and see if you experience the same problem

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I'll try it by the next morning. But those crashings happen randomly. So just gave me a time to make proper tests on safe mode. Because I can do it on my free times only..

Thanks..
Emperor
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Probably Android run out of RAM and force close this apps

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Uliwooly,

I tried safe mode. But quickly reliazed testing device in safe-mode is irrelevant. Because no third party app works also most of built in apps and effects disabled.

You only can record videos and watch them via sony video application. (Even in safe mode, while no app running  ONLY system eats 1 gb of ram, while normal mode after fresh boot eats around 650 mb)

There is no point to test it in safe mode. So i reset device and installed application (only instagram, whatsapp etc.), Problem persist.

Is there any crashlog stored in the phone that i can reach?

Emperor
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@incxbxs

@alexdon any suggestions?

Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

@incxbxs Do you have by any chance developers options enabled? If yes, can you look for the option Use AwesomePlayer? Is it enabled? 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Re: Xperia c4 freezes and crashes while try to watch videos

@alexdon wrote:

@incxbxs Do you have by any chance developers options enabled? If yes, can you look for the option Use AwesomePlayer? Is it enabled? 

Nope. Developer options disabled.

Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Re: Xperia c4 freezes and crashes while try to watch videos

Are you willing to perform a software repair using PC Companion?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Okay i will try software repair. But as far as i saw, there are a lot people having exact syptoms which i'm having in this support forum.

But lets face a fact that software repair may only work if we assume there is no *bug* in OS(Android build) or sony components. Considering device is brand new out of box device, existence of software corruption probablity is quite low. Still i'll try as you suggest