account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia acro s (LT26w) is not connecting to internet [Urgent]

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia acro s (LT26w) is not connecting to internet [Urgent]

Hello Everyone....I need a solution immediately.

My Xperia acro s is not connecting to internet by mobile data or wifi..Slightly frowning Face

I have formated my phone. So all the google sync data is formated from my phone. Then i tried to add an google account but everytime i try to add account it takes me to page where it says that cannot connect to sever & my phone is not previliged to connect to internet or something like that.Face with rolling Eyes I tried adding my account via youtube/playstore and other google apps. same result.

Then I tried to open a web page when my mobile data is on and that does not happen either.Alert

I tried changing my mobile data connection from wcdma only to wcdma(preferred)/gsm then restarting the phone but still no result. Angry Face

My phone connects to a wifi hotspot from my pc & another phone but does not take any net data. So basically i cannot connect to internet with my phone.Face with rolling Eyes

I also  tried changing date/time from automatic to mannual and vice versa but still mo result.Face with rolling Eyes

Someone please give me solution... Crying FaceCrying FaceCrying Face

2 REPLIES 2
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia acro s (LT26w) is not connecting to internet [Urgent]

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia acro s (LT26w) is not connecting to internet [Urgent]

Hello I finally got rid of the problem though by not your method Slightly smiling Face . As my phone is rooted i just modified the 'hosts' file located in 'etc ' folder by rootexplorer and my google sync is solved......

The process is

> first open rootexplorer (make sure root privilege is granted to rootexplorer).

> touch on root

> touch on 'Mount r/o' if mounted as R/W

> touch on etc

> touch on 'hosts'

> from the poped up menu select 'text editor'

> There are two IP adresses I think ...put a ' # ' before the second IP adress.

> Then from the menu option select 'save changes' & I think the problem is solved.

P.S. make sure your time and date are correct by selecting network provided time and date