account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia ZR cant detect simcard

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia ZR cant detect simcard

I have Xperia ZR. After 2 weeks it suddenly cant detect my simcard & will reboot itself after 4-5 minutes. I also cant use the wifi during this time. I reset factory setting, format all data but still the same. Can help me what is the problem? 

11 REPLIES 11
Adept
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Xperia ZR cant detect simcard

When you state "format all" did you mean you just did a factory reset?

If not, do a repair with Sony Update Service or Sony PC Companion?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your Xperia having software issues? Repair it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.
Adviser
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

yeah factory setting..hm just realize that the IMEI number not shown..is it something to do with EFS folder?is yes, how come it can deleted itself?hm im trying sony update service now..my internet not really good.400mb done,300mb left

Adept
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I dont believe doing a factory reset would erase your IMEI number o.o not unless you rooted your phone and played around with the build prop etc...

anyway do another factory reset followed by a full repair with sony pcc or sony us. Remember to back up your app files and stuff.

goodluck Slightly smiling Face

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your Xperia having software issues? Repair it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.
Regular
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

My Xperia ZR crashed and lost IMEI & Baseband too (as I stated in another topic)

I have tried:
- repairing with PCC/SUS/Factory reset

- flashing every single stock rom from different regions, 4.1.2, 4.2.2 (note that 4.2.2 roms result in bootloop)

No I didnt root, unlock bootloader, flash custom roms or anything like that

This looks like a desperate situation Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

sony update service is not working..still cant detect simcard, IMEI...Im taking to sony service centre today...wonder how long it takes.

Adviser
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

My phone cant be repaired.but sony give me new phone.
One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Me paso lo mismo,no reconoce la sim card y me dijeron que es la tarjeta logica lo que esta mal u.u

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

woaa i have the same problem, so sony can't repaired it? and then sony give you new one thats cool i hope sony (Indonesian) would do the same, my phone already in sony service center for a weeks right now.

Adviser
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

yes they dunno what the main problem..they gave me a new set..but i waited for almost 2 months, coz they dont have stock for mint colour