account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 121
Message 40 of 121

Re: XPERIA ZL problem: sudden death

Slightly frowning Face Well, I'm disappointed to report my otherwise excellent, and dependable C6503 is now suffering this issue as of yesterday.  Thinking Face

As described by other ZL users in this thread, IMHO it's definitely in the battery charge remaining equation.

In both yesterday's experience, and today's, my ZL has not been in its usual 20% Charge remaining threshold, to issue the red warning notification light, which til the past two days would always warn me if it were low on charge.

Not even the Low Battery Warning is turning up now, which in my experience would display with 14% Charge remaining.  Smirking Face

I am finding my ZL is powering down around the 40% Charge remaining mark.

It wilk then not power up successfully unless I plug it into the AC Adapter, or Compact Car Charger.

And give it a few mintues to rehcarge?!

Only then will it power up successfully.  Anguished Face

I've been noticing this week the performance of my ZL has become noticeably slower to load oterhwise simple tasks.

Where icons load well after you disable the screen lock, like its struggling for processing power, or something similar.

Hard to believe knowing what is under the hood of the ZL, and its previous performance to this point.  Worried Face

I'm relieved that last night I was able to successfully back up my ZL.  :smileywhew:

Then started to search for a solution, which has led me here.

To the Sony Mobile Staffers here on the Support Forum.

Please let me know, be it in this thread, or via PM, whether you'd like screengrabs, or detailed breakdown on what is loaded on my ZL

I am more than keen to help so we can identify/isolate this issue that has started to affect ZL owners.

model: C6503

network: Vodafone NZ

band: LTE Band 3

One time poster
Message 41 of 121
Message 41 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death

I purchased the xperia zl two months ago and now its dead.I went to service centre but they said it will take 8 days to clear .............horrible

Visitor
Message 42 of 121
Message 42 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

Hi, I'm Ryan from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I've always been a big Sony fan since the good ol days of the PS1. I have a PS2 sitting in my bedroom, a PS3 with many of its exclusive games, and I'm planning to get a PS4 in the next couple of months, I also own a 32 inch Bravia TV and an MP3 player from Sony.

Back in October 2013, I decided to switch from my Blackberry to a Sony smartphone for my loyalty and/or OCD with the Sony brand if you will. So I ended up buying my ZL on October 7 2013. Loved the phone, as it was also my first time getting into Smartphones with Android OS. Had no problems whatsoever. Until the "sudden death" hit me too, it started screwing up with me yesterday, Friday the 13th 2013 (apparently that date's supposed to be a spooky one and I never believed in that kind of shenannigan/hype or whatever you wanna call it, but looks like something else haunted me >_<). I dont need to describe it in detail as others have already posted the exact same problem I'm facing i.e. suddden shut down after lightly using the device and I'm talking about minutes here, won't turn on after the Sony logo appears on screen, unless its plugged to an AC Adapter. Another thing I noticed that I'd like to add though, is I cant connect to a Wi-Fi network automatically like how it was prior to the occurance of this problem, unless i enter the password everytime I try to reconnect, and at times, even that wont work!

My firmware is up to date with the aging Android 4.2.2, I thought its because my Walkman wasnt updated, so I updated that, I even tried updating the apps I have, thinking it had something to do with it, but the phone seems incapable of even doing that now with this malfunction in place. Fortunately, like the guy who posted before me, I was able to back up everything stored in the phone, pictures, vids, etc.

I thought it was a unique problem until i went on to the interwebs to google about this. Turns out I'm not the only one. Needless to say, I'm so dissapointed that this had to happen to us. I never had a problem using gadgets and gizmos from Sony up until now.

I really hope Sony has our backs and comes up with a solution rather than ignoring the problem as if saying, just go get a new phone. Really Sony? Barely 3 months and this happens? Flagship-High-End,-smaller-brother-but-with-the-exact-same-specs-take-away-the-water-proof-ness-o- the-Xperia-Z line? I didn't see this coming at all. And guys, let me know if you get any feed back on the matter ryan.saliddin@yahoo.com.

Regular
Message 43 of 121
Message 43 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

after 2 weeks having suden death, now my ZL turns off even when battery is 100%, and after I check this forum again, I really disappointed there's no response from sony.. 

I decide to buy new phone  with another brand because I don't want to wait any longer without any responses.

Thanks

Adviser
Message 44 of 121
Message 44 of 121

sudden death of Xperia ZL even after upgrading with 10.3.1.A.2.67

Dear sony,

I've bought my phone from Patiala (India) about 20 days back. While initially it worked well, it has now suddenly switched off. Only if I connect it to a charger is the phone working. Even if the battery is hundred percent and I disconnect the charger, the phone switches off on its own, and never switches on again. I've already upgraded it to 10.3.1.A.2.67. Also that option of Volume up and Power button has been exercised. Nothing seems to be happening. It is rather funny that a high end phone worth Rs 30000/- can pose such problem. I'm seeing on your site that this problem is persistent with other users which means that the company has got to be doing something about it. In fact whats funny is that the company continues to sell it. I'm now currently out officially to Srilanka for an assignment for 6 months. My duty station is 200km from any major city. I'm sure SONY for its reputation will provide me an assitance at my door step. I cannot afford to be running to the service centers which otherwise do not seem to be available at Sri Lanka. You dont even have a customer care number in Srilanka. The customer care number that you have given of India is a Toll free Number. This means I cannot speak to you from a foreign country. This phone to me is now like "A PAPER WEIGHT". In fact for making calls I had to buy a cheap phone worth 5000 rupees.  Please give me a solution at the earliest either by sending an agent or online support

Adviser
Message 45 of 121
Message 45 of 121

Re: sudden death of Xperia ZL even after upgrading with 10.3.1.A.2.67

Dear Sony, No reply from you as yet. Please treat the matter urgent since a lot of my work is dependent on my phone & I'm seriously not in mood to befooled after paying Rs 30000/-

Adviser
Message 46 of 121
Message 46 of 121

Mr Manish Choudhary, 

I've followed all the steps that you've told me. Nothing seems to work at all. In fact my phone can only switch on when it is connected to a charger. The moment I remove it from charger, within a minute or two the phone switches off on its own. In my phone when I went to the Application section, it said that I've only occupied 373MB space out of the 11 GB of total. Even then I followed your steps and deleted some applications. Now 309MB is what is being occupied. Now a phone worth 30000 rupees cannot be hanging with just 309 MB of its space being used. I've also done factory reset taking care that  I must disable the Backup my data and Automatic restore options in order to clear the cache files completely and successfully. Also, as I see this problem of Sudden Death is very widely occuring across the world. The company should have ideally withdrawn this series of sets. But people like me who have now bought the phone are suffering because such wrong policies. The problem was persistent before even my date of purchase that is 22 November 2013. Only that did I come to Sri LAnka. Now, I'm working at a remote place in Sri lanka and only source of communication is my phone which is  Xperia ZL. As I said in my first Email, I'm at Sri LAnka I'm sure that you know that toll free numbers cannot be contacted from a foreign country. You need to doctor my phone on an urgent basis as my work is seriously getting hampered. Please send an agent at the earliest or rectify my phone online. Also give me a number which I can call sitting at Sri Lanka. 
Imagine a lady like me stuck up at a far off foreign country losing all my contacts and communication just because I've trusted a brand name SONY and purchased a high end phone like Xperia ZL. Even for mailing you I've taken a two days off and come to my Head quarters at a small town close to my work place. YOU NEED TO GIVE IT URGENT ATTENTION.
Adviser
Message 47 of 121
Message 47 of 121

MS Meena Bose, 

This is for your information that :-
1. You have provided a toll free number for querries that is 180030002800. Since it is a toll free number I'm not able to give a call at all from sri lanka.
2. Your Sony Chat online for customer support http://www.sonymobile.com/in/chat/?c=44763 is not responding at all since yesterday afternoon quoting this reason continuously, "no agent available to talk to you".
Please do something urgently since i'm just not having any mode of communication here. I definitely do not want to buy a new phone because of incompetency of the Sony Company
Adviser
Message 48 of 121
Message 48 of 121

MS Meena Bose, 

You haven't replied for the whole day. I'm waiting for a solution, its an urgent problem. Please give a solution at the earliest.
Adviser
Message 49 of 121
Message 49 of 121

Mr MAnish Choudhary, 

How long do I have to wait for a reply