account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 121
Message 10 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

The issues here are that what you have described is a symptom and not a fault. There can be numerous causes of this symptom, some software, some hardware.  Often the problem can even be down an application that has been downloaded that installed incorrectly or a corrupt SD card due to hot swapping.

Have you tried running a software repair to at least rule out a software issue?

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 11 of 121
Message 11 of 121

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reply. I have tried repair software with PC companion, but my Xperia ZL keeps turning off suddenly.

found my friend that using Xperia ZL have same issue since last week, and lately I found new posts with same issue in some sites, including this forum.

For example this post by Agarrido that happen week ago:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-ZL-sudden-death/m-p/458119/highlight/true#M23625

That's why I think there's problem in software or from Sony updates, since many people have same sudden death problem lately. I hope Sony find what cause this and launch new updates soon as possible

Talk about updates, I heard Jelly Bean 4.3 will come up for Z /ZL /ZR in this month, is that true? I hope Jelly Bean 4.3 can fix this problem

Thank you 

Bam
One time poster
Message 12 of 121
Message 12 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

My zl has had the same problem and now will not turn on the sony start screen comes on then it shuts off and try's to turn back on but can't how can I fix this
Rookie
Message 13 of 121
Message 13 of 121

I'm having the same problem since the installation of the last update 10.3.A.2.67. Suddenly playing PvZ2, the cell phone turned off and then the only way to turn it on is plugged to the electricity.

I tried to restart it in "safe mode", but it didn't work. Currently i'm trying using PCC to repair the system. The phone is 6 months old.

waiting for your feedback

Rgds.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 121
Message 14 of 121

@HectorM - Please let me know how it goes after the repair.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 15 of 121
Message 15 of 121

Just finished the installation

Image 1.png

It's in spanish, but basically says "just updated to 10.3.1.A.267", but the phone didn't start, it shows "Sony" and then off.

Any other info you need?

thanks.

Rookie
Message 16 of 121
Message 16 of 121

Plugged in the usb, it did start but sadly it's "brand new"

rgds

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 121
Message 17 of 121

Unfortunately running the repair does clear all user data from the phone. Please do let us know if the problem reoccurs.

Rookie
Message 18 of 121
Message 18 of 121

and now it's impossible to connect my home wi-fi...

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 121
Message 19 of 121

What happens when you try, do you get a specific error mesage?