account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia ZL sudden death

One time poster
Message 91 of 121
Message 91 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death

I had my ZL for almost 6 months now and I am writing this comment with my ZL plugged to the charger even though it's on 100% battery load. I am beyond disappointed. It used to be fun with ZL. I thought it was a real steal when I bought the unit. Now I just feel sorry for myself for buying this phone. What's worse is that Sony fails to address the issue with a substantial solution. It seems to me that Sony is too busy innovating without really looking into the major flaws of their smartphones, most especially Xperia ZL.
One time poster
Message 92 of 121
Message 92 of 121

I habe yet the Same Problem live all of you! Sudden Death! My mobile Phone crashs and crashs again and again, again, again, again.......
So I Put My Xperia ZL on the Charger and IT Workshop perfekt! No Problems no crashs, nothing! Then I take it away from Charger and Then 2 minutes later it crashs again! Then it wouldn't start! IT was death, so My thinks!
On Charger it Workshop again perfectly! For Xperia ZL is no anti Sudden Death update here, but Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia Z habe the Patch since 3 weeks! **bleep**! ZL is Not geraten enouth ordentlich what?

Sorry for My Bad english! I hole you can unterstand it Winking Face
One time poster
Message 93 of 121
Message 93 of 121

I bought my xperia ZL 3 months ago, i was very happy with it, got nothing to complain beside the short battery life. Today i just updated to android 4.3 and the sudden death problem came around, just like most of the people here has said, the phone need to be connected to the charger to turn it back on again. I hope SONY can fix this quickly... 

Visitor
Message 94 of 121
Message 94 of 121

My zl phone sudden death after update to 4.4.2. cry.gif 

After updated and factory reset, the phone is working fine until the next day. 
Its started with auto shutdown and could not turn on and only can turn on during charging. When uncharged, it auto shutdown again.

Then the next day, it completely dead. Battery overheated. The phone could not turn on at all. If there is still battery power, it will reboot(turn on and turn off) every second.

One time poster
Message 95 of 121
Message 95 of 121

Just want to share with other when have some problem with xperia zl.
The problem is some people call "Sudden Death", no sucessfull to start (ON), only appear at display SONY logo and next will be OFF.
I just facing this problem with my xperia zl, and try also myself to find the problem in internet but no answer even with google. And I just try buy new battery for replacing. do replacing by myself. After replacing with new battery taaa'daaaaa, my xperia zl is working back as well. Perhaps with my short posting can help each other which have some problem with xperia zl.

I understand to replacing this battery is not easy. but you can find the link below to show how to dissasembly your xperia zl.
Hope you can solve the problem as me also. Do it carrefully and good luck.

You can visit my blog :

One time poster
Message 96 of 121
Message 96 of 121

Dear user that faced the Sudden Death situation,

My Xperia ZL did sudden death last week. No response at all the phone. Can't charge it through Charger. Cannot start the mobile. Press the stop button beside the Sim Card also no response.

I did the following step and Successfully restart the mobile.

#1- Charge the mobile with your PC and make sure there is red light shown up.

#2 - Awhile later, unplug it.

#3 - Press the power button together with the volume+ volume-

#4 - The mobile awake.

Hope this will help.

Thank you.

One time poster
Message 97 of 121
Message 97 of 121

after replacing the battery, do not be exposed to sudden death again..?

Highlighted
Message 98 of 121
Message 98 of 121

My Xperia ZL spontaneously developed this same problem after ~4 months of use also. It is obviously a battery issue but the RMA center rejected repair by default because I used the Sony unlocker to root my phone, which advises that using it "may" void the warranty. I guess it is a good way for them to avoid responsibility for an obviously defective battery. Sorry for everybody else who has to experience this problem on a phone that is supposed to be high end. 

Anyways I am done with the phone and this brand. it is just an expensive paperweight now. I don't like my nexus 5 but at least I know if the battery decides to take a dump I won't be left with another paperweight. Once my Vaio Pro 13 and Smart Watch 2 break/become obsolete it will be the end of a wonderful decadeof being a Sony loyalist. 

One time poster
Message 99 of 121
Message 99 of 121

My Xperia ZL died on Saturday 02/08/14 , ive taken it to the service center in Noida, after trying to repair the software using Sony PC connect myself yesterday ,they tried to repair the software as well but were unsuccesful in the same , as per them they can do nothing apart from replace the handset with an Xperia Z at 50% discount(that is fi the company agrees). The service center has informed me that the issue originates with the motherboard of the device and that the same is unrepairable. Really Pathetic manufacturing by Sony.
One time poster
Message 100 of 121
Message 100 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death

also had a sudden death problem! phone was fully charged, and was updated to the latest software. Next thing i know, I started panicking when it wouldn't turn on. Eventually googled a solution: hold power button + up for a couple seconds. Glad that there is a solution, but NOT HAPPY that there is a problem at all!